Chapter Twenty One

Kimberley's POV:

As the sunlight bleeds through the blinds, bringing me back to reality. I roll over on to my back, bringing the covers further up as the realisation of where i am soon kicks in. I hear Cheryl moan as she moves around on the bed before settling back down, still deep in her sleep. Her arms snaking around my waist and her head resting between my shoulder and chest.

I reach over to the beside table, grabbing my phone and reading a text from the girls.

'We're gonna be coming later today, give you some time to talk. Call us if you need anything:) x"

I sigh feeling quite content, thinking over how good everything's going so far. Cheryl did so well yesterday speaking, she opened up quite a lot of inspecting subjects but she did it.

Then it hits me. The kiss. She kissed me, i kissed her. Last night.

I feel like i should get as far away as possible to sort my head but i hear her moan into my neck, a frown appearing on her face. That's when i remember she needs me, no matter what happened, she needs me and i'm not prepared to leave her because of some kiss that could mean absolutely nothing to her.

"Kimba?"

"I'm here."

She slowly starts to come round, moving her body and stretching it away from mine. She brushes her hair away from her face with her fingers as she turns to look at me.

"Hi."

She whispers, a nervous smile making it's way on to her face.

"Sleep ok?"

"Yeah, better than usual anyway. It helped you being here."

"Yeah, Chez about last night-"

"Kimba, it's ok. You don't have to worry, i know you said it's a mistake. We can forget it?"

"No-"

"Please Kimberley, don't."

"Don't what?"

"I understand the situation but i can't deal with you telling me. I really couldn't handle it."

"So what, you expect me to just break your heart?"

"Well-"

"Right then."

"No- Kimberley, just-"

"I understand."

"No you don't, let me explain. I just, it's you. I can't be without you and-"

"Cheryl, i'm not going anywhere and the kiss- yeah it makes things complicated but it's nothing we can't get over. I mean look where we are now? Doesn't get much worse? And if i'm understanding you correctly then we can speak about that later? Let's just get ready, get some food and go see the doctor then we can have a nice chat tonight? No shouting though?"

I wink at her as i mention the shouting making her smile before she kisses my cheek and runs off to the shower.

"Chezzabella!"

Nicola runs into the room, momentarily shocking me. Cheryl hasn't been so talkative today, after the shower and breakfast, we went for an appointment with the doctor but she simply answered every question with a nod or shake of the head.

"Hi."

She whispers as they all hug her quickly before greeting me.

"How've you two been today then?"

"Alright, just settled Chez in a bit better."

"I'm going to see Rebecca."

Cheryl mumbles, getting up and walking towards the door.