Chapter Thirty

Cheryl's POV:

"Coming down Chez?"

"Yeah, did Kimberley say when she'd be back today?"

"No sorry, she shouldn't be long though. Baring in mind it's quite early."

I follow him out where Lily's waiting to walk down with me, her excitement noticeable as her son will be visiting today.

"Morning!"

"Morning Lily."

"Alright? Good sleep?"

"Not really, i had a nightmare."

"Oh, nasty. Let's go for breakfast before my gorgeous little man gets here!"

She nearly screams with excitement, taking my hand and practically running down the corridor.

"STEVE! MARK! FLOOR 6 NOW! WE NEED BACK UP."

We hear being shouted before Mark and Steve join us in the lift, pressing floor 6 repeatedly acting likes it's gonna make it faster.

When the lift doors finally open, i gasp slightly in shock. There's a bald, muscley man screaming at the young female staff here, pushing them back in anger. Steve and Mark have already disappeared and i feel Lily's hand slide into mine obviously sensing how nervous i am.

"TAKE ONE STEP CLOSER! I DARE YOU!"

He screams, a sharp, strange object in his grip. His gaze turns to the lift where we stand and he heads towards it. His footsteps becoming increasingly louder.

His eyes stare into my own as i suddenly become lost for words, forgetting how to breath for a second as the distance between us slowly disappears. Lily's grip gets tighter, well aware he's heading straight for us. I want to scream for help, beg them to stop him but they can't. The object in his hand making it impossible as all the staff shout for him to calm down and not do anything he's gonna regret.

A few male security guards appear at the bottom of the corridor but they'll never get here in time. They'll never stop him.

"And GO!"

I hear being shouted by Mark who suddenly appears with Steve as he suddenly pushes him into the wall, sinking a needle into his skin.

"Ok, take him down."

Mark shouts after the large, hysterical man slowly slips into unconsciousness.

"Alright Chez?"

Lily and Steve asks once the lift doors are securely shut and strangely i find myself nodding even though it's far from 'alright'. I hide my shaking hands in my pockets and keep silent the whole way down.

"Sorry about that girls, he's been here a while. Quickest way was the lift and i should have told you to wait-"

"No! Mark, leave it. It's fine honestly, think it just shocked Chez. She isn't used to it, is she?"

Lily, who's still holding my hand, drags me out for breakfast. My appetite now having had disappeared but i sit with her anyway, listening to her talk about her wonderful son.

"Lily, we have a special little visitor waiting at the door."

We hear Rebecca shout and Lily's face lights up when she sees her two year old son waiting at the doorway, clutching on to his grandmothers leg.

"ALFIE!"

She screams, racing towards him and lifting him up into her arms, showering his face in kisses. Lily's mum walks over to me, greeting me politely.