Chapter Twenty Five

Kimberley's POV:

As soon as i leave the room, i'm immediately filled with guilt. I'm meant to keep her safe but she clearly doesn't feel that around him whether she wanted to see him earlier or not. I stay outside the door just for a little while, wanting to know what's being said.

"I've missed you babe. You gonna talk to me or keep me waiting?"

"Why'd you come here?"

"Because i wanted to make sure you're ok, you came back to ours, had a fit then that's all i hear. What else am i meant to do?"

"Move on."

"What? You came back to me Cheryl!"

After Ashley slightly raised his voice, she didn't respond. I hear him sigh before speaking again.

"Sorry Chez, i just- this is a lot for me to accept and when you came back, i thought you wanted to give us another go and then you kissed me and god it just got complicated."

"Yeah..."

"So-"

"Can i shout Kimba back in?"

"No, Chez we need to talk!"

"There's nothing to talk about, i just want Kimba."

"Well you can't have her, we're speaking first!"

"Ashley please, just go get her."

I can practically hear the tears in her voice, i want nothing more than to run in there but i shouldn't.

"For god sake Cheryl! Just stop, you think Kim likes being here?! Do you think she likes waiting on you?! Waiting on you to finally feel better?! She has to deal with your constant crying and-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH ASHLEY!"

I couldn't take any more, i couldn't listen to him putting words in her head. Ignoring Cheryl, who's sat on the bed, her hands covering her ears, i face up to Ashley.

"I think it's time for you to leave."

"She wasn't listening to me! She kept on asking for-"

"She's ill Ashley, she's confused and she's scared and you putting a load of rubbish in her head isn't helping! You have no right telling her how i feel, especially when it's absolute rubbish! Now i think it's time for you to leave."

Before he can say anything else, i nod at Mark who's stood by the door after hearing what i had to say. Ashley holds his hands up sighing before shuffling out the room, Mark giving me a hopeful smile after spotting Cheryl before closing the door.

"Come here babe, ignore him. He was talking rubbish."

I pull her into my arms as she holds back the tears i can tell she's desperate to release.

"Breathe babe, come on. Don't let him get to you."

I carry on calming her down for another ten minute after her eyes have cleared from any tears, she sits back up looking into my eyes before leaning forward and giving me a quite quick but gentle kiss.

"I think we need to talk about this, don't we?"

She sighs but nods, my hand finding hers.

"To be honest Cheryl, i don't want to put my heart on my sleeve for you then to knock me back when you're thinking straight."

"Kimba i wouldn't do this, i wouldn't treat you like this for me then to knock you back."

"But you're confused, the doctor said it would happen and your feelings are all messed up and-"

"Ok so i might not be clear on what exactly i want but i know i want this, i want to be with you. I've never been so sure."

"You- You want to be? To be with me?"

"Yes!"

She laughs, her grip tightening on my hand.

"Why?"

I stutter out, confused and shocked by her confession.

"Why is it so hard for you to believe?!"

She doesn't say anything so i sigh and move myself a little closer.

"Because... you make me feel safe. You've always protected me and when i have been hurt, you're the one who's right by my side. You're the only one i trust really and i know i might never exactly show that i trust you but i do. I really do. You make me feel so special Kimba, nobody's treated me before like you have. I could go on forever but i just want to be able to do this whenever i want-"

She leans forward, her hand finding it's way to my cheek not long before her lips connect with mine. She pulls away, her eyes still closed before taking my hand again.

"Oh, i don't know what to say? Not in a bad way! I just- i feel the same but- what i'm trying to say is- well-"

She starts laughing before kissing my knuckles.

"You don't have to say anything, i love you."

"I love you too."

She laughs, reaching up to wipe a tear that's about to race down my cheek. She leaves her hand to my face before reaching up and claiming my lips once again.

----

"No, Kimba! Stop."

She giggles after i slowly move my fingers towards my body, threatening to tickle her. After our confessions earlier, we've done nothing but cuddle up together, whispering pointlessly while she's been playing with my hair or running her fingers through mine.

"Are you going home tonight?"

"Oh, i haven't thought about that actually. Maybe i'll stay tonight but-"

"Do you have to go?"

"Yeah, i'm sorry babe. I need to go do something for Amy too tomorrow so the girls might come and stay with you."

"Oh, okay then."

"But i'll be back as soon as i'm done."

"Good."

"You gonna be ok then?"

"Suppose."

I lift her chin higher with my middle finger and softly kiss her as she sighs.

"And you'll stay calm for me? Yeah?"

I whisper against her lips as she nods, moving her lips back to mine.

----

"We're setting off now babe x."

I read out the text message from Nadine to Cheryl, i have to leave in two minutes...

"Do you have to go?!"

"Yeah babe, i wish i didn't! I'll be two hours at max then i'll come straight back here."

She wraps her arms around my neck as my arms snake around her waist, pulling her closer.

"I'll miss you."

She whispers as i pull her in for a cuddle, burying my face in her hair.

"I'll miss you too but it's only a few hours, i love you."

"I love you too."

She quickly pulls her head back and kisses me urgently, over reacting maybe.

"Jesus Chez, i won't be long!"

She laugh giving me another quick kiss before i slide my hand out of hers, blowing her kisses as i leave her alone.