Chapter Nine

Cheryl. Cheryl. Cheryl. Cheryl.

Her name runs through my mind, she's probably alone somewhere. Crying helplessly and that would only be the start.

"Kimberley?"

I hear Nicola's strong scouse accent enter the room, i look up to see her approaching me with Nadine.

"Where's Cheryl? Why aren't you looking for her?"

"Calm down Kim"

She strokes the hair on my face back from my eyes, Nadine stood at the other side of me. Why are they here? Why aren't they looking for Cheryl?!

"Sarah and Tre have gone to look for her, the police are also looking"

"Oh god the police?!"

"I know that's not the best but it's that or leave her out there alone"

"You don't understand Nic. None of you understand. I need to find her"

I start pulling the blankets away from

my body, not caring about the condition i'm in.

"Woah Kimberley, stop! You took a nasty fall and they want you to stay for a few more hours"

"I don't care if i need emergency surgery, i'm leaving this hospital now and no one is going to stop me"

Nadine nods at Nicola before leaving the room probably to explain the situation. I pull on my old clothes, in too much of a rush to go behind the screen to change. I race out the room, seeing Nadine stood with a nurse outside it.

"Ms Walsh we really don't advise you to leave but it seems you've made your decision and we can't stop you. There's a prescription there and if anything and i mean anything happens, come straight in"

I nod, taking the paper from her hands and signing the documents. As soon as it's finished, i follow Nicola to her car to take me back to the flat.

"God Nadine, we're never going to find her"

I sigh to Nadine, looking into the backseat. We've been taking the route through the windy roads to see if she's there. I dial her number for the twelfth time as i race up into the flat to see if she's come back yet.

"Hello, sorry i can't make it to the phone right now! Leave your name and your number and i'll ring you back as soon as possible"

I check each room but still nothing. I collapse back into the sofa, tears running freely down my face.

"This is all my fault"

I whisper, loud enough for Nadine and Nicola to hear.

"Don't Kim, it's not your fault! It's not even Cheryl's, she just can't help it but come on you have to stay positive! If you don't believe in her, who else is gonna?"

Nadine tells me before watching Nicola take her keys and go off to find her herself.

"I'll call if anything comes up"

I nod my head slowly before pulling myself up, the throbbing pain in the back of my head still there.

"Right Nicola, you need to stay here incase she comes back but i'm gonna go. I need to go"

"Why don't you stay here? What if she comes back and sees me? She won't be happy"

Nicola explains, trying to convince me but failing miserably.

"No Nicola, i need to be out there. Look i'll keep in touch and i'll just keep walking around?"

"Fine but don't tire yourself out, ok? Be careful"