Chapter Twenty Two

Kimberley's POV:

"Hi, it's Kimberley."

"Oh hi, what's up?"

"Well Cheryl told us not to come up today so i was just checking if she's alright?"

"Yeah she's fine, she came down for breakfast with Lily and then she came down again to see the doctor then she's just been up in her room."

"How did the doctors go?"

"He said fine, she answered his questions ok really."

"Good, what's she doing in her room then?"

"Honestly Kimberley, i don't know. Make it dinner time you come up tomorrow because the doctors coming a little earlier."

"Right ok, thanks a lot!"

"Bye!"

I hang up, sighing into my hands. I want nothing more than to just drive up there and be with her. To be honest i'd love to be able to take her away from it all, heal her myself but no.

She's stuck in that hell hole trying to get better but how long before she gives up fighting? How do we know all this good behaviour is an act? She could be like a bomb, waiting and waiting until she explodes.

--

"Hello?"

"Hi, Kimberley?"

"Yeah it's me, who's this?"

"It's Rebecca."

"Oh we're just five minutes away, what's going on?"

"It's Cheryl, she was speaking to the doctor today and she just went mad. She's cut open her forehead, probably broken a few more knuckles but we've managed to take her to the safe room but she's not calming down."

"Oh god, we'll be right there!"

I hang up, explaining to the girls what's happened as Sarah speeds up and races down the road.

Once we've arrived, i barely give Sarah time to park before i jump out the car and race inside, the girls all following.

"Kimberley?!"

I look to my right to see Rebecca running down the corridor before noticing she has my attention and leading us all towards Cheryl.

"What happened?"

"I haven't got a clue, she just suddenly got angry. She flipped the chair, she's smashed up the table and she's done a number on herself and cut her head open. I don't think it's too serious but she won't let us go near her nevermind clean the blood."

We get into a small, cramped room where there's a few security cameras, one being in the safe room looking down on Cheryl. I almost don't recognise her.

Again she's in a comfortable pair of leggings and a baggy jumper and she's crying hysterically. Blood mixing with her tears, she's slouched against the wall, still banging on the door wanting to get out. Her screams and pleas echo throughout the rooms, making my heart break.

"She's been in there a good half hour now and she's not showing any signs of calming down, we really need to get her head seen too just in case it's something serious so we're gonna have to go in and sedate her before she hurts herself even more."

All the girls nod as i stare at the screen, not having a clue what to say. Nicola takes my hand as two unfamiliar security men along with Mark and Steve enter Cheryl's room. Mark approaches her, trying to calm her down but she just screams, pleading with him to let her out. Mark manages to get close and she's still crying in his arms but her eyes widen when she notices the needle the strange security guard is sorting. She's always been afraid of needles, when we climbed Kilimanjaro, she bruised my hand from how hard she was squeezing it when we took the injections. I let my thoughts focus back on Cheryl where now they're practically having to hold her down so they can sedate her and she's crying, screaming and pleading. I want to run in, rip her from their arms and hold her myself but i can't. So i sit and watch the upsetting scene infront of me, praying she gets better soon.