Chapter Twelve

Kimberley's POV:

"Be careful"

"Kim i'm fine"

"I know you said but-"

"But nothing, i'm fine"

She pushes past me into the flat, i follow her where she sits back on the sofa picking at her fingernails.

"You ok?"

"Fine"

I nod and walk into the kitchen, she's clearly not in the mood. Every since i told her about the doctor yesterday, she hasn't been herself.

I make us both a cup of tea, put hers on the table infront of her and sit down, switching the television on in the process.

It's painfully silent for a while and Cheryl hasn't moved in the slightest, it's like she's in some sort of trance. I drop my hand in between mine and Cheryl's body on the sofa when i feel a cold shaking hand intertwine with mine. I look down to see Cheryl's hand in mine, i turn to look at her and smile but she stays in her trance.

Not long after i feel her squeeze my hand lightly and when i turn to meet her eyes, tears are threatening to fall from them. I simply open my arms out and let her fall into them, tears now falling from her eyes and on to my body. She feels cold and her body is shaking slightly, i lean down and kiss her head when she breaks the silence.

"Kimba i'm scared"

"You don't have to be scared Cheryl"

I find Cheryl's hand again and thread my fingers through hers.

"I don't want to hurt you anymore"

"You've never hurt me"

"I can tell, i have hurt you"

"But it's forgotten about"

"No, it isn't"

I let it fall silent again until she starts to whisper weakly, the emoticon clear in her voice.

"You're the only one who understands"

"The girls do and Tre"

"Not like you do, you make me feel safe"

"You're going to be ok Cheryl, the doctor is going to help"

"I don't think i can do it"

"You can, i'll be with you. Just sit and tell me everything, you don't have to look at him"

I feel her nod, i can tell she's worried but the doctors going to be soon and i'm still unsure how she will act.

"Hello, you must be a Cheryl?"

She nods feebly, her eyes looking straight at the floor. As i lead her to sit down, the doctor sits across from us bringing out his notepad and pen and setting something up in his jacket.

"So has Kimberley told you what was discussed?"

She nods again, still looking down at the floor.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Fine"

She says, speaking for the first time since he's got here.

"And that's how i know you're not"

She looks up, staring at him deeply.

"You're not fine, this is why i'm here. I'm here for you"

"Nobody's here for me"

"That's where you're wrong, everybody is here for you. You're not alone"

She looks back to the floor, clearly uncomfortable.