Part 4

Climax

Part 4

Edited

All Rights Reserved

Stanley stopped moaning, realizing what she was trying to do and got up to his feet. "Mona, you are not going to seduce me in my own wedding."

"It's not a wedding if no one's getting married," Mona stated with no shame of saying it.

What she didn't know was that it broke Stanley down more than he already was.

"Do you really think that Suze is not going to marry me?" Stanley asked, hopelessly.

"I think that she is starting to realize that she's not good enough for you," Mona said.

Stanley snorted. "Yeah, right. It should be the other way around. I've never been there for her. I've missed some of her big breaks. I didn't even have the heart to choose the wedding over my job. It's a miracle I did now," He sighed. "I'm such a failure."

"You're not a failure. You're Chief Stanley Jacob Hamilton of the Staff of the United States Army," Mona began. "Everyone adores you; loves you. I love you. Don't give up that spirit."

Stanley nodded. "You're right. Now I know why you did this."

Mona smiled, thinking she had won when she really didn't.

"You pretended to seduce me so you could give me a prep-up speech on getting Suze to change her mind," Stanley finished.

Mona's smile turned upside down in a second. No! , she thought.

"Thanks, Mona. You're the best," Stanley said and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Then Stanley left, leaving her dumbfounded; her whole plan backfired.

"I can't believe you're doing this to me," Suze said, as she angrily finished washing the dishes. "We planned this wedding for months, and you're going to just blow it off."

"Suze, I said I was sorry a million times," Stanley said. "What can I do now? The date is already set for tomorrow. There's nothing I can do."

"It's not just about what you did. It's about what you could've done," Suze whispered softly.

"It's not like I wanted to do it. I have to. If I don’t go to help our fellow ambassadors' countries from the terrorists' attacks, millions of people are going to die." Stanley stated. "Do you want that?"

Suze sighed. Tears were trying to escape, but she couldn't let it out. She knew the consequences that would come with having a military fiancée. She couldn't complain nor could she judge to die, she just didn't want to share her love with anyone else. "No...I...how long are you going to be staying over there?"

"Five months..." Stanley said, slowly.

"Five months!" Suze repeated. "You're going to be gone for five months!" Suze knew that Stanley would be gone for a long time but she didn't know it would be that long. 

"Baby, I said I was sorry. I know it's a long time but it'll come through at the end,” Stanley promised.

Suze scoffed. "That's what people say when they know things aren't going to come through at the end."