Part 26

Climax

Part 26

All Rights Reserved

"So what are we doing for the day?" Mona asked Stanley as they sat at the sofa of the living room, watching television. Mona came about a day and a half after Suze, Miranda, and Noelle left. It wasn't her intention to be alone with Stanley, but since she heard that her friends left, and that his parents are at work, she thought that it would be nice to have some quality time together after so long. But this time it would be friends spending time together.

She laid her hand on his lap, and brought her long smooth legs that were revealed from the mini jean shorts that she was wearing and feet on the sofa. 

Stanley shrugged. Usually Suze or Miranda would be the ones coming up with some ideas but they aren't here. He even called Charlie a few times but he got no answer. He must still be with that girl.

"Come on, Stan. Just because every one is out doesn't mean we have to stay here and sulk about it," Mona said, sitting up on Stanley's lap. "We should do something. Something fun."

"Well, I did plan on taking Suze out to the beach with me, and maybe even stay over at the beach house I rented again," Stanley told her. "Last time didn't really go so well." He gritted his teeth at the memory. 

Mona's eyes sparkled in happiness. "That's great! We should go! We can't let your money go to waste, can we? It's a sunny day outside! It'll be perfect. We can even stay over at the beach house for a night."

"I guess I don't see any harm in that. Suze wouldn't mind," He agreed. Or would she? He still hasn't solved the mystery in why Suze left to stay with her parents. Not that he had a problem with that. It's just that it was so sudden, and he would have loved to go with her, but then he remembered Suze's step-father, George, and let it go. He didn't want to go and be stuck with his constant complaints, and comments on him for the next few days.

Miranda got off his lap, and stood on her feet. "We could even go skinny-dipping!"

Stanley stared at her, wide-eyed, causing Mona to laugh out loud. "I'm just joking, Stan! I know my limits! Now, let's go get ready!"

"So how's life with you, and Mr. Chief?" Sophie said, continuing the conversation, as she painted her sister's nails red. She, and her sister were sitting cross-legged on the bed, chatting and gossiping like old times when they were teenagers. Noelle, who didn't fully understand what they were talking about, consumed her mind to silly cartoons playing on the TV.

"Mmm..okay," Suze said ith a half-shrug. "It could've been better."

"What do you mean?" Sophie wondered. "I thought his leg was healing fast, and that he's going to be able to do some more movement."

"Yes, it is. In fact, at this rate, in a few days, he'll be able to run around the perimeter of the mansion," Suze said, spreading out her fingers, so Sophie could paint them easier. She wants them to be perfect for tonight. Sophie is taking her to a party at her boyfriend, Marcus Matthews' house. "His doctor says that he's healing quickly and that he can start moving around like he used to."

"The what's the problem?"

"I don't know. I mean Stanley and I haven't been as close as we used to."

"Oh, yeah. Miranda told me about that Mona chick. Sounds like she's total bad news," Sophia said, dryly as she applied a line of black nail polish on the first finger of each hand.