Part 3

Climax

Part 3

Edited

All Rights Reserved

"Stanley! Stanley!" Miranda screamed as she ran over to the sad young man.

"Why are you screaming like a mad woman, Miranda?" Stanley asked. "Don't you see that I'm in pain?"

"It's about Suze. I don't hear crying anymore," Miranda said.

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"No, it isn't," Miranda told him, sternly. "I can't hear her at all. What if something's wrong with her? What if she hurt herself?"

 "Relax, Miranda," Stanley said.

"Don't "relax" me!" Miranda snapped. "My best friend has locked herself in a room. She's upset and she's all alone in a room. And look what you're doing! Sitting here like an idiot when you should be going after the one you love!"

Stanley jumped to his feet, furious. He wasn't going to let his sister tell him off like that. He wasn't going to let anyone tell him off, period. He was a Chief for God's sake. He deserved respect no matter what, even if it's from a mouthy little sister. "What do you expect me to do? I tried, Miranda! I tried! But she won't listen to me! She said she needed time and I gave her time. There's nothing left but time. And if she..." Stanley clenched and unclenched his hands. "....wants to leave me then I'll...let her...go."

"You can't actually mean that," Miranda said in disbelief. She didn't want to argue anymore. She knew that Stanley was in love with Suze. She thought that Stanley was going to be a bachelor for the rest of his life, and she hated the shanks that her brother hooked up with before Suze came along. She was happy that Stanley had found someone-that she likes to be called his, but now things weren't going as well as she thought it would be.

 "I do mean it, Miranda. I love her so much that if she doesn't want to marry me, I'll let her leave ," Stanley admitted. "I respect her."

"I didn't plan this," Stanley groaned. The stressed young man had planned to take his girlfriend to the beach tonight to have an outside dinner. But on the way, a thunder storm erupted, slowing down the traffic. Stanley honked his horn in anger as he realized that he was stuck between lots of cars that weren't moving. It would take hours for traffic to get on the move again.

Suze giggled in amusement. She liked it when Stanley gets angry. It was both amusing and good when he was getting intimate. She didn't know where Stanley was going to take her but the rain did put a dapper on his plans.

"It isn't funny, Suze," Stanley said.

"Yes, it is. I was really bored doing nothing the whole ride," Suze disagreed. "This is pretty entertaining."

"To you, it is. To me, it isn't," Stanley snapped at her.

Suze looked at him, not understanding why he was so mad. "Stanley, calm down. It's just one night."

"It's not just one night. I planned this since last month. I made the arrangements, did the catering, and I paid almost half a million dollars to have the beach to ourselves for a week," Stanley complained.

"You rented a beach for me?" Suze said in astonishment.

"More like buying the beach and transforming it into a military boot camp. Then, I'll force those lousy people who work there to drench in dirt." Stanley pulled out his wide screen slide phone and dialed the number of his agent but when he tried, his phone suddenly went black.

"No signal," Stanley growled. "The thunder must have got to the phone company's power system."

"No worries," Suze assured him. "At least we have each other. Everything's okay."

"No, everything is not okay. This night was supposed to be perfect. We were supposed to have a fancy dinner, slow dance, and then at midnight I would ask you a special question just like my family did in previous generations. It's a tradition," Suze explained.

"You can ask me now," Suze said. "There's no rush. We're going to be here for a long time anyway. Ask me."

Stanley sighed and took his hands off the wheel. He shifted in his seat to face Suze. It's now or never. He might as well ask her now, before they get fried by the lightening.

Suze gave him a bright smile that made Stanley even more nervous than he already was. Just ask her, his brain commanded. Be a man

Stanley slightly gulped as he reached inside his jacket's front pocket for the ring but it wasn't there. He must have left it on the counter in the kitchen when he was making lunch. "Damn it," Stanley growled.

"What?" Suze wondered.

"Um...” What was he going to do? If he didn't have the ring or wasn't at his special place with her, then how could he do the proposal?

"Stanley? Ask me the special question."

He took a deep breath, and cleared his throat. Suze let out a small laugh that wasn't helping Stanley at all.

Immediately, Suze stopped when she noticed Stanley's serious face.

"Suzanna Anna Maria Munroe," Stanley said. "I love you more than I love life itself. You mean the world to me, and I want to have you to myself and not to anyone else. I promise that I will always take care of you and that I will always love you. Will you marry me?"

Suze's eyes widen in shock. Stanley had just proposed to her, and she was speechless. What she could she say? No? Yes? Was she ready to make a commitment? Could she face the hardships of being a married woman and a military wife?

"Yes," Suze let out. "I'll--I'll marry you."

 Mona licked her full lips staring at her prey. It had seemed like the bride was such a spoiled brat that she couldn't marry a sexy man like Stanley. This was her chance. Her chance to claim what was rightfully hers.

Mona swayed her hips to Stanley. She was wearing a short black dress that stopped half-way up her butt. She made sure that her breasts came out big and round as she seductively swayed around the groom.

"Hey, stranger," Mona greeted him.

Stanley looked up to see the last person he expected to come to his wedding. "Mona." He breathed out. Mona was Stanley's ex-girlfriend. They had been going out for three years while Stanley was in Military until Suze had come along to steal his heart. Suze didn't know that while Stanley was trying to get her, he was still with Mona, but after Suze and Stanley's kiss, he broke up with Mona. One thing that Stanley had to admit was that Mona was his first love, and she always will be.

"Stanley, Stanley, Stanley," Mona placed her hand on his chest and slid it down his tie. "What have you gotten yourself into?"

"You heard?"

"Everything," Mona added. "You must feel horrible."

"Yes, I do," Stanley said then groaned. Stressed, he rubbed his temple. "I'm so tired and sleepy. I just hope Suze comes before I go unconscious." 

"How about I help you?" Mona swirled around him to get to his back. She placed her hands on his neck, rubbing his ridges and his veins.

Stanley moaned in satisfaction. This was just what he needed: something to take his mind off Suze.

"You know....this would feel much better if you took your shirt off," Mona suggested. She had him right where she wanted him.