Part 29

Climax

Part 29

All Rights Reserved

"What's going on?" Stanley asked himself, as he looked through the window of his room after being woken up by a bunch of noise. He saw a moving a a few buff men loading up boxes in a moving truck. He quickly grabbed a wrinkly shirt from his bed, and slipped it on, and then he hurried down the stairs to see his parents carrying boxes, and passing them to a people he does not know.

"Mom?" Stanley said, making Beth lift her head up to him. You could see the disappointment on her face. She found out that her own son cheated on the woman she admired with his ex-girlfriend a couple of days ago, and she was devastated over it. Her husband showed no emotion, and did not say a word to her son after hearing the news. All he knew is that things are about to change.

"What's up, Mom?" Stanley asked his mother.

"Suze's moving out, remember? This is her stuff," Beth said.

"What! No!" Stanley shouted, scaring Beth.

"Stanley, calm down. We are not going to start anything today," Edward ordered her son. As if right on cue, the woman of the hour walked in her white Sports top, and pants with her hair in a pony tail.

Suze licked her dry lips, looking at Stanley, who she expected to still be sleeping so they wouldn't have to see each other.  She avoided Stanley's stares, and looked at his parents. 

"Um....I just need the last two boxes and a bag, and I'm good to go," Suze announced, making Stanley angry.

"We'll put them in the truck for you and you get your bag by the door," Edward said for him and his nervous wife.

"Okay. Thank you so much, guys." As Edward and Beth passed, she gave them both a kiss on the cheek.

"Please tell me you're not doing what I think you're doing," Stanley hissed. Suze tried her best ignored him while she picked up the duffel bag from the left side of the front door.

"Answer me, Suze!" Stanley commented in his Chief voice.

Suze gulped, and turned to walk out the door, when she felt herself being, roughly pulled back by her arm. She winced at the pain that shot through her hand. She looked back at a pissed off Stanley. 

"I said answer me," Stanley growled at her. He did not like her disrespecting him, even he did cheat on her.

Suze yanked her arm from his grasp. "I am not your soldier! You don't tell me what to do!" She swore that she wouldn't talk to Stanley if she ever saw him but that was broken when he got her angry.

"What are you doing?" 

"If you haven't noticed, I'm leaving," Suze answered, annoyed. "I told you I would come to get my belongings and Noelle's belongings."

"You said that you were going to come and get your stuff days ago, and when you didn't come, I thought you changed your mind and that you were coming back to forgive me."

"Me? Forgive you?" Suze said, and then laughed, humorlessly. "I am not going to forgive you, Stanley. When I said I wanted to leave you, I meant it."

"But you can't just come and take your things," Stanley said, trying to think of something to stop her. "Our divorce isn't even final."

"I've already filed the divorce."

"But what about Noelle? You don't have the right to take her away from me."