Part 20

Climax

Part 20

All Rights Reserved

"So? What did she tell you?" Stanley asked Mona the next early morning. It was about three o' clock when Mona woke up from hunger since she didn't eat anything from the party; it was apart of her diet before taking a break from getting Stanley back. Stanley, who couldn't sleep himself, heard Mona's footsteps going downstairs, so he followed after the sounds in his crutches. In the hallway, Mona turned to see him and without a word helped him get downstairs. 

They headed to the kitchen where Mona was already snacking on a packet of Double Stuffed chocolate Oreos.

"Have a Oreo, handicapped one," Mona said. For the first time in her life, she didn't care that those Oreos are going to go straight to her stomach and maybe to her meaty thighs that Stanley used to love back when they were together. She wasn't trying to get Stanley any more so her body is the least of her problems; for now.

"I don't want a Oreo, I want--" Mona, annoyed with his talking, stuffed a Oreo in his mouth, making him muffle out the words. It didn't even sound like words. More like a new language.

"You want a Oreo," Mona said while he swallowed down the crunchy creamy Oreo. "Doesn't it taste good?"

Stanley nodded, and licked the creme off his lips. 

"So you want another one?" Mona said, completely ignoring the subject. Thinking about saying yes, Stanley growled, scaring Mona a bit. She used to love it when he growled but lately, his growls have been getting deeper and have more of a hint of anger in them. Maybe because he's hurt and stressed over Suze.

"What. Did. Suze. Tell. You?" He spatted at her, each word with murder in his voice.

Mona, masking her frightened expression, said,"I can't tell you that. You got some milk? Because it will really go with these cookies." Mona walked to refrigerator, and opened it, almost shutting her hand inside, when Stanley threw his left crutch a great distance aiming it at her, causing Mona to slam the refrigerator door and back away and for some food to shake and some open drinks to spill. Luckily, the crutch did not hit Mona. Stanley leaned over on the counter for support in pain and anger.

"What's up with you?" Mona wondered. "I can't tell you, okay? She told me not to. She wasn't going to tell me if I was going to tell you. And you talk about how crazy mad I get."

Stanley took a deep breath, calming himself down. He wasn't usually like this. Suze was changing him into something he's not. "I'm sorry....I....I think I need to sit down." It took a lot out of him too throw that crutch at her. He has been getting weak ever since that bomb.

Mona didn't say a word and just nodded. Mona bended down to get his left crutch before helping Stanley take a seat in the sofa's single comfy chair. Stanley's butt landed with a oof as he moaned in pain.

"Are you okay?" Mona set his crutches on the ground.

"It doesn't matter. I deserve it. I deserve this, I deserve everything that Suze wants me to suffer with, everything," Stanley said. "I'm a failure."

"Do we really have to go over what happened at the wedding one more time for you to get this in your head?" Mona teased, making Stanley wince. Mona chuckled. "Stanley Jacob Hamilton, you are the last person on Earth that I would ever think of a failure. You're the Chief of Staff of the Army, many U.S. citizens adore you, you're handsome, intelligent, and you've got a wife, and a daughter who really love you. Where's the failure in that?"