Part 18

Climax

Part 18

All Rights Reserved

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Noelle....and Merry Christmas too! Yeah!" Everyone chanted and cheered as Suze helped Noelle blow out her birthday candles. Noelle giggled, and clapped her little hands. She is officially a one year old and proud of it. Suze gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek before setting her back on the ground to play with her husband's families' young children. 

Later, Miranda and Suze planned on everybody sharing birthday and Christmas presents then the party would end and Suze wouldn't have to fake a smile any longer. It was hard for her. Smiling and enjoying a party for Noelle while knowing that her husband was majorly injured in a hospital In Washington D.C. is just sick. Stanley did contact them from the hospital about three weeks ago but Suze was the only one who didn't speak to him. The doctor said that Stanley can't do any long distance calls anymore because for some reason it brought up his blood pressure which is horrible for his recovery. As for Charlie, he is okay with just a few bruises and a concussion in the head from being knocked to the ground by Stanley. But if it wasn't for him, Charlie would be a dead him, and he owes Stanley his life.

"Suze," Miranda said when she noticed that Suze was out in space, staring at the kids while the three of them were sitting at the kitchen high seats. Before Suze could snap out of it and reply, Miranda continued. "I'm so sorry. I really am. I know how much it hurts."

"Yes, it must feel awful," Mona added, dreadfully. Yes, Mona. She actually came to the party to comfort Suze after she found out about Stanley. She really cred when they told her that Stanley might be dead, but was grateful that she still has a chance to get Stanley back once she was told that he is still alive. "At least he's alive. Better hurt than dead."

Suze sighed and nodded. "You're right, Mona. It's better but I still feel the pain."

"But today is Christmas and Noelle's birthday. If you won't be happy for me then be happy for Noelle, huh?" Miranda said.

"Okay," Suze agreed, plastering a small smile on her face. She might not have a good relationship with Stanley right now but she has friends who are willing to help her.

"I know. How about I give you my Christmas to you now?" Mona suggested. "I know that we were going to exchange adult Christmas presents at midnight but you really need this right now." Mona went through her bag and pulled out a small black box. She took off the top. Inside, was a sliver wrist bracelet with two small oval-shaped diamonds hanging out.

Suze gawked at the precious jewelry. "It's beautiful. Thank you so much."

"Let me help you put it on," Mona insisted. Suze let out her arm, and Mona wrapped the bracelet around her wrist and clipped it on. Suze brought her hand back, admiring the beautiful bracelet.

"Thank you. I love it," Suze said. "I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get you anything. I wasn't even able to give Noelle. Miranda, or anyone else anything. Miranda had to get two gifts for Noelle for the both of us. My pay check hasn't come in yet, and this month is a bit slow in business."

Mona plastered a fake smile on her face. "It's okay, I understand. No biggie."

"Well, since we're sharing our presents now, I guess it's my turn," Miranda said with delight. "Suze could you go get the gifts from under your bed?"

"Under my bed?" Suze repeated, thinking it was strange. "Why are your gifts under my bed?"

"Because I was having Drew over, and I didn't want them to accidentally get broken from our activities," Miranda said and slightly bit her lip. Suze and Mona didn't have to ask. They already knew what she meant by activities.