Part 28

Climax

Part 28

All Rights Reserved

"I'm so sorry, Suze," Sophie kept saying to her sister over and over again as she rubbed her back while Suze was laying on her stomach on the bed. She was worried when Suze called her late last night, asking her to pick her up around an unknown area, so it took Sophie all night to get to her. On the car ride home, Suze spilled the beans and filled her in on everything that happened, leaving Sophie very angry. The only thing that she is happy about is that Suze slapped Stanley and that Stanley almost got beat up.

But as she saw her sister crying and her snout dripping onto the pillows, she knew that there is not great about what happened. She's still hurt, and from her point-of-view, Suze isn't the only one.

"He doesn't deserve you, Suze," Sophie said. "He's such a jerk." She remembered when Miranda told her about Stanley's old player ways before they got married but she thought that Stanley was making a commitment to stick to one woman. The news that she found out broke her heart because it broke her sister's heart. She knows how in love she is with him and for Stanley to have the mind and the sense to do that to her makes her mad.

"Or I don't deserve him," Suze rephrased with great doubt in her voice. "He's the Chief of the Military for God's sake! He's rich and he has everything, including the tons of woman pounding at his door. I should have seen it coming! I'm so stupid!" Suze sat up straight in frustration.

"You're not stupid, Suze," Her sister disagreed and then scoffed, "Far from it. And you're the one who told me a long time ago hat it's not about the money, it's about if the guy is great or not. And like you told me three days ago, No great guy would cheat on his own girlfriend, but for your case, it will be his own wife. Suze, you're my sister, and I'm going to be here for you whenever you need me, you know that."

"So happy that you're actually beginning to memorize my words," Suze joked, sadly. A slight smile appeared on her face. It was the first smile she made ever since she got here last night so she is making progress.

Sophie smiled back, and moved the hair out of Suze's puffy red eyes. "You think you're going to be okay?"

"I'll try," Suze said, her voice giving her away.

"Do what you told me to do," Sophie said. "Follow your heart, Suze."

"I will."

Ding Dong! The doorbell rang from downstairs, and Sophie glanced at the open bedroom door, and back at her sister. "You want to wait here while I go get the door?" She asked, thinking that it was Stanley or Mona or even Drew for a short second.

"No, I'm coming with you," Suze said, a bit scared if the person at the door would be the last she wants to see. "I need to move around anyway."

The two sisters walked down the stairs with Sophie leading and holding Sophie's left hand while Suze's right hand was holding a blanket that is wrapped around her bare stomach, after her white tank top, and before her pair of black Men boxers.

Sophie was the one whop answered the door, and Suze was surpirsed to see who was at the door.  Her hazel eyes sparkled in the sunlight because of her tears as she supported herself by wrapping her arms around herself. She was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a yellow flower top that matched her yellow heels. Suze knows that she out of all people would dress better than that but she also know why she isn't in the fashion mood.