Part 30

Climax

Part 30

All Rights Reserved

Five Months Later

"So everything seems to be under control on the papers. My client accepts what lists," Suze's local female lawyer, Mrs. Jamie Marks said. After so long of the debating of the property, and the custody of their child, the couple that wished to depart came to a conclusion at this very meeting. Mrs. Marks assembled the divorce papers together on the table. "All they have to do is sign it."

Mrs. Marks slide the papers and a black pen over to her client , and folded her hands on the table. Suze flipped her red head hair out of her eyes, and fixed the collar of her black woman-designed suit. This is it, Suze thought. The time I get my freedom.  Suze signed Suze Munroe at it's place in confidence, and gave the papers and the pen back to her lawyer.

Mrs. Mark took them and slide them forward to her opponent, Mr. Bobby Jacobs, Stanley's divorce lawyer. Mr. Jacobs looked at the papers one last time and then slide them to his client with the black pen.

"Sign and you're both free," Mrs. Marks said, intimidating him a little with her smirk. 

Stanley looked up from the papers to look at Suze, who was staring back at him. She was curiously wondering what he was waiting for. "Suze, we don't have to do this," Stanley whispered to her, but every one at the table could hear.

Suze continued to look at him with no emotion on her face. She made her decision to leave him and start a new life with Noelle. She is not going to turn back now. When Suze still did not reply, Mrs. Marks said, "Mr. Hamilton, we don't have time to waste. You agreed to the terms. Why can't you sign?"

"Mrs. Marks, we do not rush clients," Mr. Jacobs told her, and turned to Stanley. "Mr. Hamilton, you can take as much time as you need. You can even reschedule it if you feel a bit spectacle about the rulings in the papers."

Suze was about to disagree on that but Stanley spoke first, "No, no. I'm fine. I can do this." He signed his name, and gave them to Mr. Jacobs.

"The divorce is finalized," Mrs. Marks announced to them. Suze ended the eye contact with Stanley and got on her feet. She was the first one to leave the office and Stanley was right on her trail. They ended up being in the same elevator. Stanley pressed the first floor button, while Suze was leaning against the middle wall of the elevator. The doors closed, and they are now alone as the elevator descended.

"So," Stanley said, trying to start a conversation. "When can I come and see Noelle?"

Suze crossed her arms on her chest, wanting for the elevator to stop at any of the top floors so people could come in and stand between them. 

"Are you ever going to talk to me?"

"Maybe because I don't want too."

Stanley smirked, childishly. "You just did."

Suze groaned. "Look, I'll have my sister call you and let you know when," Suze said. She doesn't even want Stanley to be able to see Noelle but that's what was demanded through the debating and they had to make the divorce fair. But Suze could never wish that she never had sex with Stanley in the first place, because that's what blessed her with this beautiful child.

"Why can't you just call me?" Stanley questioned.

"We're not together any more, Stan."

"But that doesn't mean we can't be friends," He said. But in the inside, Stanley still wants to be more than friends. He only agreed to the divorce so that there isn't any bad blood on them. His mind wet back to the dream he had last night; the divorce was finalized, he and Suze became friends, they spent time together again, and then they became more then friends and got remarried. It's a stupid, sick dream to have but Stanley couldn't help but think about their possible future...or the future that he wants them to have.