Part 19

Climax

Part 19

All Rights Reserved

She knows I love her, right? Doesn't she?, Stanley thought as he was laying on the warm bed. His crutches were beside the lamp desk just in case he wanted to get up and move around. But he didn't want to. All he wanted to do is have Suze to himself.

She knows I love her. Then what other explanation is there? Is it because of how close Mona was too her? Was it how guilty he felt? Was it because she didn't want to tell him I told you so? Either way, he deserved it but he deserve not having his love close to him.

The door slowly opened causing Stanley to smile, thinking it was his wife. The smile was replaced with a frown when he saw who i really was. It was Mona, in a Mrs. Claus dress-like costume, with a mug of hot coca that said Merry Christmas, Daddy, on the front in red letters.

"What are you doing here, Mona?" Stanley said icily.

"I said that I would come back to give you some hot chocolate," Mona reminded him as she sat down on the other side of the bed. 

She handed Stanley the mug but instead of taking it, Stanley just looked at it.

"Merry Christmas, Daddy," Stanley read in disgust, and looked back at Mona. "What are you doing? Trying to make a move on me by putting one of your nicknames for me on a mug?"

Mona rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Oh please, Stanley. I wouldn't make a move on you by doing something silly like this. Noelle got this for you for Christmas. Come on. I made you hot chocolate using my grandmother's recipe. It was your favorite, remember?"

Stanley glanced at the mug then back at Mona. He finally came to a decision, and took the mug from her hand. 

"I'm only taking this because Noelle got it for me," Stanley commented.

"I can't believe that you thought I was trying to make a move on you," Mona stated in real disbelief. "Especially with a cheap mug that's not even made out of gold?"

"Don't act as if that is not your true purpose of being here," Stanley said, and took a sip out of the hot cocoa. He loved it. Mona was not lying. This was really his favorite cocoa. He resisted a soft moan. He was not going to give her that satisfaction. 

"Actually, it's not."

"As if I'm going to believe that. If it isn't then why are you here?"

"Because when they said that you might be dead, I freaked out and I was sad. I cried all night. A few days later, Miranda calls me and tells me that you called her, and that everything was okay. I felt hurt that you didn't call me," Mona explained, making Stanley feel a little guilty.

"I didn't think that it would affect you. Matter of fact, I wasn't even thinking about you, I was thinking about--"

"Your wife, I know," Mona finished in frustration. "Then I asked how Suze was doing and Miranda told me that me not well so I thought that I would be nice and come over to see her. It was a perfect timing since they were throwing a birthday party for Noelle and a Christmas party today," She continued. "And then you came, looking all hurt and injured. I just couldn't leave. I love you, Stanley, and I'm sorry to tell you that you can't get rid of me. It's like you don't care about me. You're always so hostile against me."

Stanley sighed, and said, "Mona, I do care about you. Why wouldn't I, Mona? You're sweet, and loving but you get so mad and crazy that it makes me dislike you at times. The only reason why I'm acting this way towards you because of your fake attitude against my wife. If you really love me then you would accept the fact that we're together."