Part 21

Climax

Part 21

All Rights Reserved

"I wonder what's wrong," Beth said after Suze was out of sight. She has never seen Suze act like this if there wasn't a problem or if she was troubled. "Her mother told me that Suze was in love with banana-peanut butter cream tart when she was a child. I thought  she would be ecstatic."

"I'm sure it's nothing, Beth," Mona said, wanting to change the conversation, not just for Stanley's sake but for her's too. She will not be able to stand hearing about Suze all day but she is able to talk with Suze all day about their social lives. Yes, it's weird and it's weird for Mona too. 

"She hasn't really been feeling well," She lied for Suze.

"But it's not just at dinner," Edward pointed out. "She has been acting unusual ever since the party last night."

"I didn't see that," Mona lied again and looked at Stanley who was staring into space, thinking about what he was going to do next.

"Son," Edward said.

Stanley slightly glanced at him. "Yes, Dad?"

"What do you think is going on?" Edward asked him. "Did something happen?"

"Not that I recall of," Stanley replied. He knew that if he told his father what was going on that he would feel ashamed of him. Then again, his father could tell him how Suze is feeling, or maybe even Suze's mother who has been through it before but  that would cause too much drama and trouble.  Too late for that, Stanley.

 Later that same night, Suze was in her light blue Victoria's Secret night gown. She was in bed, her legs Indian Style as she was reading a romance novel called, Dear Me. It was about a young woman named Ashley  who is a best-selling author and is in need of releasing a new romance book when she realizes that she is all out of romances in her head. She has never been in love and needs to fall in love fast in order to write about romance again. Suze was at the part where Ashley was cleaning out her basement and finds a diary that she wrote to herself in all the entries when she in her teens. Ashley's mother tells her that the reason why she mentions some boy named "Sanny" a lot in her entries is because they used to date each other but broke up after five long years when "Sanny" wanted to join the military.

How cliche of her. To read a romance novel that military being apart of the plot when she was having enough problems with that already. But she needed a bit of romance in her life now that she was afraid to show it to her own husband.

Speaking of her husband, he must have finished taking a shower in the bathroom since Suze heard the water turn off. Suze sighed and straightened herself up. She was going to have to prepare herself when Stanley was about to come through that bathroom door.

Or maybe not. All of a sudden, Suze heard a big crash coming from the bathroom, and Stanley's cry.

"Stanley?" Suze said. "Stanley!" Suze threw her book away in a corner, not caring that she lost the page she was on, and ran into the bathroom.

"Stanley!" Suze screamed in fear again. She hurried to the bathtub, and pushed the curtains away to see that her beloved had fallen. He must have slipped and fell when he was trying to get out on his own. "Oh, Stanley, you scared me!"