:Chapter 38:

:Dalton:

I was sitting in the waiting room of The Infirmary of the local NYC pack. Max was currently going in for silver poisoning treatment. My mom was in the room with Max having refused to leave his side. There were other supernatural being treated too.

My eyes shifted over to Isabella who was helping Enyr get bandaged. Maryse was at her side on guard. 'An attack did just happen so Maryse is prepared to defend Isabella again if it comes down to it again.' I was still in awe that they would even attack The Gathering. 

Barely any of the attackers made it out alive. 'They picked the wrong place to ambush us. A room full of trained hunters and the supernatural.' I nodded in agreement. It showed how intelligent they were when it came to planning an attack with a whole bunch of trained hunters present.

But at least we managed to defeat them. Enyr got up and walked away after Isabella finished bandaging him. I got up and sat down next to Isabella. She was still in her dress but her hair was a lot more messy now then when she first came to me. 

"How is Max doing?" Isabella asked. "He is getting treatment for the silver poisoning since I removed the bullet." I said. Isabella nodded. "What about you?" I asked. "Little shaken up but I'll be fine. The organization is looking into the sniper attack to see who the sniper belongs to." Isabella said plainly.

I nodded. 'You know I never thought I'd be in the middle of a sniper attack.' 'I didn't either until they decided to come and attack The Gathering. But they got what was coming to them in the end.' Ash nodded in agreement at that.

My eyes shifted around The Infirmary and landed on the pack members. Alana was comforting a now silent Isadora. At first she had been in tears when the attack happened. Kadan shifted instantly to defend the two of them. Just like my dad did with my mother and Isaac. Isaac was currently with my dad.

All my brothers were here and so was Angel. Angel was getting her arm relocated as in a fight it dislocated. But that was what had been happening. Everyone had been recovering from the fight that had been brought to The Gathering. Even some hunters were here to be fixed up from the fight.

My mom came out helping a limping Max. He was shirtless but at least had pants on but his moon touched marks were exposed. His leg has silver lines in it but not as bad. "Rory go pull the car up for us." My mom told Rory.

Rory nodded before handing Max a shirt then off he was. 'He seems to be recovering better than usual.' "So what happened?" I asked. "Max is gonna need daily doses of water shot into his leg for a week to drain the silver from his leg. They stopped it from spreading but now we just have to get it out of his system. They said if the bullet hadn't been pulled out sooner Max would of died." My mom said looking quite anxious and angry. Isabella didn't say anything but I was glad Isabella told me to pull the bullet out.

Doing that saved Max's life. I was grateful Isabella told me to do that now. "We should get going, see you around Isabella." My mom said before helping Max to the car. "I'll be home in an hour or two." I told my mom who nodded then smiled at me. 

"Why?" Isabella asked. "I'm gonna stay here with you of course." I told her calmly. 'To make sure she is ok of course.' 'Yes to make sure she isn't lying about being fine and actually have an injury or be freaked out causing her to panic when she is all alone.'

Ash saw my reason. "So you are going back with me?" Isabella asked. "We are in the same hotel." I reminded her. Isabella nodded. "Let's get some fresh air." I told her before going outside and Isabella reluctantly followed me out with Maryse behind her walking quietly after us.

We sat down on a cement block and Isabella just looked up in the sky. A full moon would be happening here soon. A perfect time for werewolves to run. Well a needed time. Werewolves were more touchy on full moons than anytime mostly. Almost as bad as a period from what I have been told by females.

'I wonder how bad Isabella is on her period?' 'How would I know? It's not like I ask her if she is on it and what her mood is.' 'I'll ask her.' 'I prefer not to be killed because you decided to be an idiot.' 

Ash shrugged not really caring. However I refused to let him have control of the body. I didn't trust Ash not to be an idiot right now. "So the whole stage on fire thing was quite something." I told Isabella giving her a small smile. Isabella nodded.

"Probably burned the dead girl but my award got out of all of that which is good." Isabella said before pulling her award out of her denim jacket. She brought that denim jacket everywhere with her. "Where you hurt at all?" Isabella asked turning to face me. "Minor cuts nothing too big." I told her truthfully.

Isabella nodded before turning away. 'First telltale sign.' Now I was confused. Isabella pulled her iPhone out and checked it. "It's getting late." Isabella said before moving some hair from her face quietly then looking up at the sky. "We can go if you want." I told her staring into her royal blue eyes.

"Yeah just give me a moment." Isabella said before walking back inside the werewolf infirmary. Ash seemed to be quite giddy but he wouldn't tell me why. 'Have you begun to experiment with crack?' Ash didn't answer simply seemed giddy just as Isabella walked out moving hair from her face.

"Ryne said I could go on." Isabella said before patting Maryse's head. Isabella smiled at me. "It's nice that you didn't die back there." Isabella said with a small smile on her face. Ash decided to reveal his true intentions at that moment since Isabella said that.

"It's nice that you're finally beginning to fall for me." Ash said. Isabella looked confused and Ash did something that was gonna get us killed. Ash leaned forward and pressed his lips to a shocked Isabella. Isabella didn't even know what to do and just stood there shocked before Ash pulled back and headed to Derik's mustang.

"You coming or not Isabella?" Ash asked still in control. 'You are gonna get us killed you idiot!' Ash smiled at her as Isabella glared before stalking over and shoving Ash out of her way making him smile. Isabella got in the car then unlocked it with a dirty look.

"Oh you are so falling for me." Ash said with a smirk on my face. 'And you are so gonna get us killed or skinned maybe even neutered.' Ash got in the car with a smile on his face before looking over at an angry Isabella. Her cheeks were bright red as she peeled out of the parking lot and off to the hotel with Maryse glaring at Ash.

1217. So yeah a small Della scene. Yes that is Allison and Isaac sort kissing. The rest of the gifs were full on make out sessions. But the book is coming to an end hopefully this week then Satan's Duplicity! Until next time kissing marshmallows.

 But the book is coming to an end hopefully this week then Satan's Duplicity! Until next time kissing marshmallows