:Chapter 18:

:Dalton:

Nico and I were in the woods tracking the scent of a hare. Angel was behind us trotting along. Rory and Rodney had gone off to go find their own kill and then we'd bring it back to eat for dinner. Possibly.

Depended on mom's mood. 'I hope things aren't too bad there. That wouldn't be very good.' 'You think? Why wouldn't grandma wait for a month or Christmas.' Ash nodded. Grandma rarely showed up but when things were going smooth she showed up and came and ruined it all! She better not do what she did to Orchid to Isabella.

'That will not be a verbal fight. That would be a physical fight and right now I don't know who will win or have the courage to separate them.' 'Mom will probably cheer Isabella on to beat her a little harder.'

Mom and Grandma just didn't get along and probably never will. She is immutable. Yeah I learned that word before school ended. I feel powerful because of it. 'Just focus on the hunt.' Right then the wind blew just right and the hare's scent came into my nose and I was off finding the hare.

Nico raced up to me having caught the scent followed by Angel. To my shock there was a group of hares. Four males and a female. She was in heat and they were trying to mount her. She didn't want it. 'Go for the males. Leave the female be.' I mind-linked them.

Least I could do is give the female a hand. So we all struck at the males and I caught a grey one and snapped it's neck and went after another one. Angel caught a black one and tore it's neck out. Nico caught a ha. . . white one and snapped it's neck.

Nico and I both got the last one as the female fled the scene for numerous reasons. She didn't want to end up becoming a snack for us werewolves either or end up having baby bunnies. Little weird as most females don't care but those males might of not been suit for babies.

Females due reject mates if they might make something bad happen to the babies. 'Didn't one of those strays we saw do that.' 'Yeah she was in heat and only let the black lab mount her.'

Gracie was too young for any of that but Hades was old enough to start breeding as was Aries. When Gracie went into her first heat the two would have to be separated from Gracie. Aries might end up liking her after that. My mom was going to try to buy dog diapers before it happened though. That was her goal.

With that I picked up two rabbits and Angel and Nico got there's and we went trotting off to a cave we agreed to meet in. We dropped the hares after arriving and shifted back. Angel and Nico went off to go get some clothes to wear.

Angel came back in a white sundress with daisies. She didn't look pleased but Nico had a smirk on his face. He had on a pair of basketball shorts and a muscle tank-top. Nico tossed me a similar outfit choice and I slipped it on before all three of us sat outside the cave.

'Looks like we will be waiting.'
*******************

We sat there for fifteen minutes waiting for Rodney and Rory when they came back with four hares too. My shock all males just like us. They dropped them with ours, shifted back, put on clothes and sat down. Rory picked up the hares.

"Eight hares. I think that's enough for the family. Although we might need more." Rory said glancing around. "Catch how many more on the way back?" I asked. 'Maybe a hare per person?' 'Probably.' "Four. Now off we go." Rory said before ditching the clothes and shifting.

Angel literally tried to rip out of the dress before shifting and even snapped at Nico to hurry up. We all shifted and Angel agreed to carry the hares back and then Nico would join in after the four hares were hunted. We hunted as a five wolf pack and we all got one except Angel of course.

Then came the carrying it back. We trotted back with Rodney mind-linking everyone about what had happened in college. Soon the mansion had pulled back into view and we all got into our clothes and brought the hares back inside. Grandma and grandpa were gone and mom and dad were talking.

'I hope the two won't fight. Honestly things have just gotten good again too.' "Mom we brought hares for dinner." I told her. "Good because I didn't take anything out." Mom said glancing at us. "Where's grandma?" Rory asked. "Went back to the hotel when I threatened to bring said hunter here." Mom said proudly.

"Which hunter?" Rory asked sitting down. "Isabella, who else?" Mom asked. "Should of threatened Derik. He's a werewolf, a Redwolf no less, don't forget he passed up the alpha position. Wonder what grandma would think about that." Rory said with a sly smirk. "Rory don't give your mother ideas." Our dad said.

"She's already thinking of bringing Isabella's brothers down too." Dad said staring at mom. "Cook dinner and I won't." Mom said. "Fine." Dad said. "Make it good too not just throwing the hares in. I want soup. Well seasoned." Mom said.

"Do I look like Isabella's cooking demon thing?" Dad asked. "Maybe you should get us a cooking demon." Mom replied. 'Well here they go now. They are going to spit back and forth at each other but try to be nice in front of us.' Nico just had to open his mouth at the time after dad said fine.

"Flimur is actually a house demon. He cleans the house, cooks for Isabella since everyone knows she can't cook. He takes care of the house. And you can only get a house demon if they want to be your house demon."

Mom's gaze shifted to Nico and he smiled at her widely. 'Oh I hope nothing bad happens.' "I'm going to my room." I said before walking off. Almost everyone did the same as mom and dad bickered back and forth. Like an old married couple almost. Ash snorted at that.

'Can only imagine what will happen when they are an old married couple bickering at each other.' 'Technically they won't be old.' Ash rolled his eyes at that as I went into my room for safety. My room was just as I had left it and I walked in and took my shoes off. My gaze shifted to my dresser.

I walked up and took down the dagger Isabella had given me. I touched the blade and my finger began to burn. Pulling it back I stared at the red mark that was healing. 'Silver blade. Least the handle isn't silver.' I smiled at the dagger before putting it back.

Never did I understand why Isabella had given it to me. I used it like once then it went back onto display. I was no hunter so I had no reason to use the dagger. In fights I also preferred to use my wolf form as that's what I had been trained to use.

Since I had shifted they taught me how to fight. I gained the next-to-be alpha when I shifted and had the darkest coat out of all of them. Now I was still the alpha unless Isaac got a darker coat but I didn't think he would. His hair wasn't black.

Your fur is usually your hair color. Except grey wolves they either had brown or sometimes hints of grey in their hair. Rory and Rodney had really dark brown hair and Max had light black hair. Almost grey like. Noah had black hair but shades lighter than mine.

Andrew and I were identical except he was the omega. His wolf also had a white stripe on him. My eyes shifted to the dagger. One day I'd discover the meaning behind that dagger. It just wasn't going to be today.

1337. Now my laptop won't let me use Photoshop. So I am going to have to use Edit.Lab but for now you can have a Delta's Rogue banner yet again. Sorry no signature. Took too long to load. Until next time Edit marshmallows.