:Chapter 14:

:Dalton:

Someone knocked at my door. "Come in." I replied. Nico opened the door. "Mom wants you." Nico said. I nodded before getting up and leaving the room and heading into the kitchen where my mom was sitting at the table surprisingly by herself.

'Wonder what mom wants.' Mom looked up and smiled as I sat down. "Andrew says you two are going to The Hunter's Gathering." My mom said. I nodded. "Isabella invited you?" My mom asked. "Sorta." I told her giving my mom an angelic smile. "Sorta?" My mom asked raising an eyebrow.

"Might of guilt tripped her with the culerba bite." I told her. My mom shook her head. "Is there something wrong with me going to The Hunter's Gathering?" I asked. "No. I mean I was invited. Well the leaders of Black Crescent Moon and three scouts and three warriors for our alliance." My mom said.

Months ago my mom made an alliance. It allowed hunter's on the territory. Well hunters were already here since witches and hunters had alliances. 'Isabella says Orchid is her main witch she goes to and will rarely got to another witch unless it is dire and Orchid isn't available.'

Orchid was a powerful witch from what I have been told. But how powerful I have not figured out yet. "Is that all?" I asked. My mom nodded before crossing her legs. "I finally have time to myself. Your grandmother is in town and demanded to see Isaac." My mom said looking a little distasteful.

My mom's family never came to town and my mom didn't exactly get along with my father's parents. Throughout the alpha history they had always mated with Blackwolf werewolves. Then my mom came. Now they didn't believe in rejection but they still didn't like it.

'But they still love all of us. I mean they have other grandchildren too that they can go bother with the pure Blackwolf genes.' Nico was sorta alienated by our father's side of the family. For many reasons too. Nico had been kidnapped by rogues and it was a miracle he had been found.

Then they found out the Whitewolf was strong in Nico. Angel also had no Blackwolf in her. My mom believed Angel had Whitewolf in her. So yeah Nico was the. . . white sheep of the family? 'That's one way to put it.' I smiled at my mom before walking outside.

I was just sitting on the porch when a Mazda X-5 rolled into the driveway. 'I know that car. Could it be?' The car came to a stop and shut off. If I knew who it was mom was gonna be excited. Then the door opened and out he stepped.

Rodney.

College seemed to mature him. Rodney looked older not a bad older but more mature and no longer frat-boy like Rory. He wore a designer polo shirt and designer skinny jeans. "Little brother." Rodney said coming up. I nodded. "Where's mom?" Rodney asked staring at me.

"Inside. Beware she is a little mad. Isaac is with grandma." I told him. Rodney nodded before walking in. 'Rodney is home. I hope we aren't touring the college soon since we have The Hunter's Gathering.' 'I'm pretty sure they are in the same city.' Ash nodded calming down slightly.

I was excited for both. College semester was coming here soon. Two to three months away. I believe they said the college semester started in October or September. I will have to go back and read the pamphlet. That would be the next thing I do. Read pamphlet again. So I got up and walked inside.

Rodney was leaned against the wall talking to our mom who seemed more happy. Rodney was talking about some girl. 'I wonder if he found his mate.' That left five to find our mates if Rodney did find his mate. Max and Noah weren't old enough yet. The wolf could identify a mate around sixteen.

'Also gives us time to see if we like the mate. But then there are people like Isabella who you feel a connection with.' I smiled at that. Isabella was special for sure. She was beautiful and very unique defiantly a show stopper.