Climax

Climax

Part 1

Editted 

All Rights Reserved

I can't do this. I can't do this, Suze kept thinking as she sat Indian style in the middle of her bride preparation room. Breathing heavily, Suze was scared. She was scared of marrying her true love: Stanley Hamilton. The man she wanted to be with forever was the man she was afraid to be in holy matrimony with.

 Tears descended from her eyes. She did not want to turn out like her mother who had lost her husband in war. The groom was also a man in the military, and Suze did not want to go through the same pain that her mother went through. Her mother had to get remarried twice until she found the right man but Suze didn't want to end up the same way.

Being a military wife meant that Suze would need to live with Stanley leaving most of the time to serve the country. She would have to be alone. Even with her friends around, no love could compare to the love that he had for her.

She was a chicken. She knew she was. But she couldn't leave this room to face the others.

A knock had come on to the door. "Suze, open the door!" It was Miranda, Suze's bridesmaid and best friend. Miranda was the one that had brought her and Stanley together in the first place. Stanley, in fact, is her older brother. Stanley was coming home from war for a while and Miranda had a party for him. She ended up pushing them together.

"No, go away!" Suze said, crying harder. She didn't care that she was ruining her make-up which was trailing down the side of her wedding dress. She just wanted to let it all out. She was afraid to confess to the groom or anyone else that she had doubts about marrying him. She didn't want him to feel bad and it was making Suze feel guiltier than ever that she was holding up the wedding. 

"Suze, baby," a deep husky voice said. Suze recognized who it was as soon as she heard her name. "Please open the door."

"No...." She replied. She felt weak. She hated feeling weak. She loved being the dominant one as she worked as a prosecuting lawyer, and in court she was the determinate and the demanding one. Right now, this was a low blow.

"At least open the door so I can see you. I just want to see if you're okay," Stanley said. He did not know what was wrong with his wife-to-be. He thought everything was going perfectly until he heard that his bride locked herself in a room.

Suze got up and slowly walked barefoot to the door, and twisted the knob to open the door.

Stanley let out a deep breath in relief. He thought that something had happened to his love. "Suze what's wrong? You had me worried sick."

Suze didn't respond. She was taking in Stanley's wardrobe. He was wearing his Military uniform: black and dark green shirt and pants; signature jacket with his Military symbols and his name.

"Why are you wearing that?" Suze questioned. "Are you leaving me again?"

"No, baby. Of course not," Stanley walked in the room to comfort her with his warmth but Suze backed away from him.

Stanley was completely confused. "Baby, what's wrong?"

Suze kept backing away from him until her back hit the wall. She slid her back down against the wall and her butt hit the floor. That's when she lost it. She didn't care anymore. Sobbing in front of her groom felt less embarrassing than sobbing in front of her friends.

"I can't. I can't," Suze said while sobbing.

"You can't what? Please Suze. Tell me, what is the matter?" Stanley begged. He didn't like the sight of her crying, especially since Suze wouldn't let him touch her.