🔥That's What Cousins Are For🔥

//Olive's POV\\

It's been a day since Axel and Thomas Mikaelson arrived at our new home. Axel's peculiarity was fire like mine and Thomas's was that he could turn himself into titanium and still be able to keep his build of his body. I know Enoch doesn't trust them but I do. Miss Peregrine specifically stated that for two people to have the same peculiarity they had to be related. It makes total sense. Victor and Bronwyn were brother and sister and they both had the peculiarity to be as strong as ten men. Jake and Abe are related and they both had the peculiarity to see the Hollows. The Twins are... well... Twins! Therefore they are both related and they both had the peculiarity to turn people to stone. Jason and Mr. Gleeson both had the peculiarity of ice, so they both had to be related somehow. Addie and Enoch are both related and they both had the peculiarity to raise the dead. I didn't even know I had a cousin. Me and Enoch took Chloe and Addie to school and then Enoch went to work so basically I'm helping Miss Peregrine around the house.

"Mrs. O'Connor?" Miss Peregrine called. "Yes Miss Peregrine?" I asked. "That's enough cleaning for one day," Miss Peregrine replied. "Okay," I told her. I left to go find Axel. Since the first day I arrived at Miss Peregrine's Home, I wanted to control my peculiarity, that way I wouldn't have to wear gloves all the time. Axel was able to control his peculiarity, maybe he could help me control mine. I found him sitting in front of the treehouse that Claire, Bronwyn, The Twins, Kate, Addie and Chloe sometimes go. "Axel?" I called. Axel raised his head up to look at me. "Oh hello Olive!" Axel exclaimed. "Can I ask you for a favor?" I asked him. "Sure," Axel replied. "What is it?" Axel asked. "I was wondering if you could help me control my peculiarity," I replied. "Sure!" Axel exclaimed. He stood up and we got to work. "Don't be afraid," Axel told me. "The fire can sense that you are afraid and then it will grow uncontrollably," Axel explained. "If you want to control your peculiarity then you have to actually be in control," Axel added.

He told me to take off my gloves and I did. "You know how to make a flame dance in your hand right?" Axel asked. "Yes," I replied. "Show me," Axel said. So I did and the flame started dancing. "Now extinguish it without using your gloves," Axel told me. "How?" I asked. My hand burster into flames. "It knows you are panicking!" Axel exclaimed. "Calm down and the flame will calm down," Axel added. I calmed down and the flame did too. "Now extinguish it," Axel said. So I tried. And it worked! "Good," Axel said. We spent the whole morning working on controlling my peculiarity. We did some target practices, then we focused on my flames appearing only when I want them to. It was in the afternoon when I was able to control my peculiarity. "Olive?" I heard my husband call. "I got to go," I told Axel. "Thanks so much!" I exclaimed. "That's what cousins are for," Axel said. I entered the house and saw Enoch in the living room. I didn't wear my gloves because I just learned to control my peculiarity.

I entered the living room with my hands behind my back. "Welcome Home Enoch!" I exclaimed. Enoch smiled before making his way towards me. "Guess what?" I asked him. "What?" He asked. I removed my hands from behind my back. "I learned to control my peculiarity," I replied. "Ya mean?" Enoch asked. I nodded. "I don't have to wear gloves anymore," I told him. He smiled before bringing me in for a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my waist. "Ughh! I walked in at the wrong time," a familiar voice said. Enoch and me pulled away before turning our heads towards the voice. It was Horace. "What's wrong with you?" I asked. "Don't tell me that you are tired of being single too!" I exclaimed. "Jake has Emma, Hugh has Fiona, Millard has Alexis, Enoch has you and I have no one," Horace said. "We haven't really gotten any new peculiars that are girls," Enoch told him.

Horace sighed before going upstairs to his room. "He'll be okay," Enoch told me. "I know," I said. "So I'm guessing Axel taught you how to control your peculiarity," Enoch said. "Yeah," I told him. I felt Enoch tense up. "Hey, it's okay," I told him. "Axel is really nice!" I exclaimed. "That's because ya see the best in everybody," Enoch said. "I don't trust him," Enoch told me. "Enoch, all the wights are dead!" I exclaimed. "So are the Hollows!" I added. "For once in our 100 years on this earth, we are safe!" I exclaimed. "Besides, not everyone is like Mr. Gleeson or Jason," I told him. "Don't ya find it strange?" Enoch asked. "Find what strange?" I asked. "Out of all the years for them to show up, why now? Why show up now?" Enoch asked. "Their loop was destroyed by a peculiar," I told him. "They had nowhere else to go!" I exclaimed.

"How did they know where to find us?" Enoch asked. "Enoch, it's an island," I replied. "Yeah but it's our island," Enoch said. "Enoch, it's not just us who lives on this island!" I exclaimed. "Other peculiars live here too!" I exclaimed. Enoch didn't say anything. "Look Enoch, all that I'm asking is for you to give Axel and Thomas a chance," I told him. "That's all I ask for," I told him. I could tell Enoch was trying to debate whether he should or shouldn't give Axel and Thomas a chance. "Please," I said. "For me?" I asked. "Fine," Enoch said. I smiled before pecking Enoch's cheek. I glanced at the clock. "It's almost time for Addie and Chloe to get home from school," I said. Enoch nodded before taking my hand. I felt pretty normal holding Enoch's hand without my gloves. It felt a little bit strange because for 100 years, I spent my whole life wearing leather gloves. And today, would be the first day in 100 years that I haven't burned something down when I'm not wearing my gloves. Me and Enoch walked to Chloe's and Addie's school.

When we got there it was ten minutes until their school ended. And when the bell rung, all the peculiar children came rushing out. I immediately spotted Addie and Chloe. They saw us too. "Mommy! Daddy!" they both exclaimed in unison. They came running up and I immediately picked up Addie and Enoch picked up Chloe. "Mommy?" Addie called. "Yes Addie?" I asked. "Why aren't you wearing your gwoves?" Addie asked. "I don't need them anymore," I told her. "Yay!" Addie exclaimed. "Daddy! Guess what we learned today in school?" Chloe said. "What did ya learn?" Enoch asked. "We got to see you and mommy on your first date!" Chloe exclaimed. "It was so cute!" Chloe exclaimed. Chloe and Addie went on and on about their day and by the time we got to the house they were fast asleep in our arms. Me and Enoch took them to their room and laid them down in their beds. I gave them a kiss before dashing down the stairs to help cook dinner. Miss Peregrine could use all the help she could get to take care of this family.

That's it for this chapter! Comment if I should update! Sorry it's so short! I just needed to update! Also I think it's time for me to start to end this book because I feel like it has to come to an end sometime. But I'm just giving you guys a heads up so it doesn't seem so shocking when the book ends. I don't know when it will end, I just know that I have brainstormed some ideas ahead of time, and my book will end when the ideas are typed out on Wattpad. Also don't forget to vote! Love You Guys!

💋Xoxo💋
💋JoslynBrat💋

"The best thing you could give someone is a chance."