🐦 Miss Peregrine Returns 🐦

//Olive's POV\\

I can't believe me and Enoch kissed. Like actually kissed. What's even better is that Enoch loves me. He said he did just like I told him. Sure we said we loved each other but we're not a couple. Not yet anyways. Turns out one of the rumors was true. Enoch did have a crush on me. And it actually feels great to know that he does love me. Emma saw us kissing and she was so happy. She said she barely got there when she squealed. She wanted to know if we meant that kiss and of course I did. Enoch did too.  She's going to want details later on. The kiss was full of so much passion that I thought I was dreaming. But it was very real.

When we caught up with the others, Jake had his arms around Emma and Millard and Horace were staring at the top of a palm tree. "It's about time you two love birds got here!" Millard exclaimed. I just rolled my eyes and smiled. "What seems to be the problem?" I asked him. "That," Horace replied. He pointed at the top of the palm tree. At the top sat a bird. Not just any bird. But a Peregrine Falcon. "It's Miss Peregrine!" I exclaimed. "No kidding," Millard snapped. I felt Enoch's hand tense up. I turned my head so I faced Enoch. "It's okay," I whispered to him. Enoch calmed down and relaxed. I guess you can say he's very protective. A little too protective.

"Well we found her," I told Millard. "Yeah we did," Millard told me. "So what's the problem?" I asked Millard. "She won't come down," Millard replied. "Oh," I said. "Yeah," Millard said. "Can you climb up there and grab her?" Millard asked me. "Are ya insane!!!" Enoch exclaimed. "Huh?" Millard said confused. "She hates heights," Enoch told him. "And the last time she climbed a tree she fell," Enoch added. "Yeah and you caught her in your arms," Horace said. True he did catch me. "Instead of me climbing the tree, how about if Emma floated up instead," I suggested. "Impossible," Jake said. "Huh," I said confused. "I didn't grab her rope," Jake explained. "If she floats to the top without a rope around her waist she'll float away," Jake added.

"I guess I could go back and grab the rope from the ship," I told them. "Nuh uh," Enoch said. "No way!" He exclaimed. "Not without me ya not," he added. "Enoch's right," Emma said as a smile crept upon her face. "Too dangerous without someone with you," she added. I nodded my head in agreement. Me and Enoch left hand in hand. I overheard Jake ask Emma, "What was all that about?" "I know what I'm doing," Emma replied. What exactly is she doing? I wondered. We were walking in silence hand in hand. Before I could say anything Enoch wrapped his arm around me. I looked up at him. "What?" He asked. "I'm cold and I gave my jacket to a pretty girl," he added. I giggled. "Ya know what," he asked. "Hmm," I said. "Ya are cute when ya giggle," he said. I blushed. "Thanks," I said thanking him. "Ya welcome," He said. "See manners aren't so bad," I teased.

Enoch laughed. "You should laugh more often," I told him. "Why?" He asked. "Because when you laugh it shows that you're not always serious," I replied. "And......" I added. Just then I pressed my lips to his. After a while I pulled away. "And?" Enoch asked smiling. "I love you," I told him. His smile grew a little bigger. "I love ya too," Enoch told me. He pressed his lips to mine. After a while he pulled away. I gave him a smile. "We should probably get the rope before Emma sends someone after us," I told him. "Yeah," he said. We walked with our arms around each other. We passed through the groups of trees and we were back on the beach. We walked across it and made our way to the ship. We walked up the boardwalk and entered the main room. Claire rushed up to us. "You're back!" She exclaimed.

"Where's Miss Peregrine?" Claire asked. "On top of a palm tree," Enoch replied. "Oh," Claire said. "Claire do you know where Emma's rope is at?" I asked her kneeling down so I was the same height as her. "Uh huh," Claire said nodding her head. She ran out the room and I rose back to my normal height. It didn't take long before Claire returned with Emma's rope in hand. She held it up for me to grab and I did. "Thanks Claire," I told her. "Your welcome," Claire said. I turned to leave and almost ran into Enoch. "Oh!" I exclaimed. "Careful," He said. I gave him a smile before leaving the main room with him following behind me. "Ya look exhausted," Enoch said to me. "So do you," I told him. "Eh I'm used to it," Enoch told me. "But ya are not," He added.