Chapter 59

Here's the next chapter! Sorry that it's shorter than usual but I'll try to make the next chapter longer. :) I hope you like it anyway. :) I'm still dedicating the chapters to my loyal readers so please vote and comment to identify yourselves to me. :) This story is going to end soon, so I need your help to make me a cover for the next book. If you can help me make a cover, please inbox me! I'm going to give the clue about the new book to that person who's going to help me make the cover, but I'll also tell all of you the name of Book 4 at the last chapter of this book. ;) Picture of Cedric on the side. :) 

Chapter 59

                “No,” Luna said quietly. “I came to plead for your help. We can’t do this alone. And that’s why I came. Yes, I admit that I came to ask for your help and didn’t tell you about my magician heritage, but the reason I did that is because I knew you would react the way you are reacting now.”

                “Luna, the magicians never treated us kindly,” Khonsu said.

                “We have never mistreated you either,” she contradicted.

                “They never respected us,” Diana said.

                “Have you given us something to respect you guys, me included, for?” Luna asked. “You think people think of us as ugly and as albinos. You say that magicians don’t respect you. But truthfully, do you guys deserve their respect? Someone always has to go first.”

                “How can you be so… so cheeky?” Selene snapped.

                “You need to choose who you are,” Diana said firmly. “Sometimes you address the magicians as ‘us’ and sometimes you address the Moon Children as ‘us’. If you don’t make up your mind, you’ll tear yourself apart. That’s another reason you want us to get on, isn’t it? It’s so you can finally belong somewhere.”

                Luna frowned at Diana. The young Asteroid obviously understood more than Luna had given her credit for; she was obviously very good at reading people’s emotions. It was impossible that she was a telepath like Helen had been, but there was obviously a reason that she was so good at detecting emotions and feelings.

                “Well done, Diana,” Selene said, scowling at Luna. “Obviously this magician-Moon Child hybrid has some ulterior motives that she’s once more been hiding from us.”

                “She is not a hybrid!” King Ganymede snapped. “She’s unique.”

                The king held up his hand for silence and, reluctantly, the others stopped talking. King Ganymede opened his mouth to speak and Artemis interrupted.

                “My apologies, my king,” she said politely. “But I have something important to say. I believe that what Luna said is true. She knows what she’s talking about when she said that we have to do something to make everyone respect us. They may have harmed us in the past, but the humans have this saying which is ‘forgive and forget’. I believe we should try to do that.”

                Luna cheered inwardly; she had already won over one of the members of the Council. Granted, she knew that she would probably have to win over at least two out of the four but one was better than nothing. The other Council members stared at her in stunned silence.

                “So, Artemis, do you want to help the magicians?” Diana asked.

                “Yes,” she said. “I am proud that we will take the first step.”