Chapter 24

Okay, I have finally kept my promise of updating earlier! :D Yay for that! :D Anyway, I hope you like this chapter once again, and please vote and comment! :) I'm sorry for this story being so slow, but I hope that you all still like it. :) Picture of Arulan on the side. :)

Chapter 24

                “You don’t know?” spluttered Troy. “Did... did you get amnesia?”

                Tamarak shook his head immediately and then groaned as he jarred his head. Troy bent down and awkwardly managed to pick him up. Tamarak was a lot heavier than Dahlia, but that was because he had a lot more muscle than she did. He managed to carry Tamarak over to another bed nearby.

                “I suggest that we fix this hole in the wall. All explanations have to wait,” Sapphire said firmly as she could. “Raven is really out of it. I don’t know what Jared has done, but I think that he overreached himself. Hunter is still unconscious and I don’t know what kind of head injuries he might have. Dahlia’s leg is fine now, but her wrist is broken and she needs to sleep. She’s been pushing herself too hard. The same goes for you, Troy.”

                “I already slept earlier,” Troy protested.

                “Regardless, you are exhausted,” Sapphire replied. “I am the healer and if I say that you cannot leave the hospital wing, you can’t.”

                Luna smirked to herself as she saw Troy’s look of resignation. Sapphire had more authority than even Arulan when it came to their health. She, apart from Jared and two other minor helpers, was solely in charge of their health and if something happened to them, she was the one who fixed them.

                “We have to know how they got in here,” Arulan insisted. “You may be in charge of the hospital wing, but you know that Jared, Romulus, Kathryn, Yasmine, Rachel and I are in charge of security.”

                “And I also know,” Sapphire retorted, “that Yasmine and Jared are completely knocked out, Romulus is a total jerk and my authority ranks over yours right now.”

                “This is a matter of the entire island’s safety, not just the safety of these magicians,” Arulan responded, sounding strangely calm and collected underneath their argument. “Tamarak did not send them here. If he did, why did he make them all land so awkwardly?”

                “If they die, it won’t make much difference to the island’s safety, will it?” Sapphire snapped back. “Arulan, I don’t have time to deal with this. I need to fix them up. Then you can question the first one who wakes up, okay?”

                “They aren’t really going to die, are they?” Troy asked tentatively, glancing down at Dahlia.

                She had relaxed, although she was still holding his hand. Her breathing was calm and slow; she was asleep. For the first time in six months, she looked like herself again.

                “No, they won’t,” Sapphire replied. “Not if I do my job. But if Arulan keeps insisting that he speaks to one of them about this, then they might. Stop pushing, Arulan.”

                Arulan studied Sapphire for a minute, his eyes like storm clouds. Then he rounded on Luna and made them all jump when he snapped at her.

                “Call me the second they wake up. I need to know what’s going on,” he snapped.

                Then he spun on his heel and stormed out of the hospital wing. Sapphire took a deep breath and ran her long pale fingers through her blonde bob. Then she swung around, her moment of weakness gone in a flash.