Chapter 28

Sorry for the slight delay in the update! I hope you like this chapter! :D Please check it out and vote and comment! :) I would really appreciate it. ;) I'm still dedicating the chapters to my loyal readers so please identify yourselves to me by voting and commenting. :) Picture of Kayla, Troy and Benjamin on the side. :)

Chapter 28

                After Luna had told them about the spirit that had invaded Yasmine, Sapphire had immediately asked Troy and Kayla to try and get the spirit out. It made sense, after all; Troy was a shadow morpher and he could change into a shadow bridge between the Mortal World, the Shadow Realm and the Ghost Kingdom and Kayla was a necromancer who could summon shadow spirits.

                Troy had no idea whether or not Kayla’s control of the shadow spirits included banishing them from bodies, though. Apparently, they couldn’t do it in the main hospital wing though, so he and Kayla put Yasmine on a rolling bed and pushed her into a separate room. Iris followed them, for some reason that Troy did not know.

                “Why can’t we do it in the main room?” Troy asked Kayla the minute they had gotten away from Sapphire and her surprisingly sudden strict nature.

                “You really don’t know much, do you,” Kayla said, looking a tiny bit amused even though she didn’t smile at his question.

                “Well, I didn’t grow up to magic,” Troy replied.

                “You technically did,” she told him as she opened the door and pushed Yasmine’s bed into the separate room.

                “Okay, fine,” Troy agreed. “I did grow up to magic, but those memories haven’t completely... settled into my mind. They’re still... not really mine; I suppose you could call it. Besides, I hadn’t learned much back then.”

                “Actually, I think you knew more at seven than you do now at fourteen,” Kayla retorted, her irritation coming to the surface.

                Troy swallowed hard, feeling rather hurt. He knew perfectly well that Kayla could be cruel, in fact she often was. But there was nothing like feeling it first-hand from someone he loved. She was still his half-sister and he loved her. She had helped him get over his first sister, Helen, who had died. But even so, she could not fully replace Helen who still meant a lot to him.

                He turned towards Iris who, to his surprise, had followed them. She smiled slightly at him, as if she understood his pain. But then again, girls always knew how people felt more than guys. At first, he had assumed it was something that Dahlia could do, but later, he had realized that most girls could interpret how people felt, whether they were magicians or not.

                Kayla saw his face and her own expression faltered. He immediately tightened his jaw, not wanting to get any pity or fury from her at his own ignorance.

                “Look, Troy,” she sighed and put her hand on his arm. “I’m sorry. But it is irritating to have to explain everything to you all the time. I just...”

                “I can’t learn everything that you have in such a short time,” Troy protested. “After all, you are more than a hundred years old, Kayla. I couldn’t possibly be expected to know the same amount or more that you do especially since I’m only fourteen.”

                “Luna knows more than you do,” Kayla replied. “And she is only six.”

                “Luna can predict the future,” Troy replied, trying not to snap. “She can tell exactly what you say before you say it, so naturally; she knows a lot of things. That’s the difference.”