Chapter 32

Here's the next chapter! :D Please check it out and vote and comment! I'm still dedicating my chapters to my loyal readers so please identify yourselves to me by voting and commenting. :) I hope you like this chapter and I apologize if it isn't very long. Picture of Cedric on the side. ;)

Chapter 32

                Luna felt soft fingers trail over her head, gently probing her skull. She gasped with the fingers touched a particularly sensitive spot. She could hear vague voices above her head. They sounded familiar. She tried to shift closer to the sound.

                “She moved. Did you see that?”

                “Yes, Cedric, I did. Now be patient. I know what I’m doing. She’ll be fine.” Sapphire’s tone was slightly exasperated as she spoke.

                “Sorry, Sapphire.” Cedric’s voice was rather sheepish.

                Luna stirred, trying to open her eyes. Her eyelashes fluttered with the attempt. It was harder than she had thought to tune her diviner powers on and keep them working whilst she slept. But the visions that had come in the form of dreams had been good to know, all the same.

                “Luna, can you hear me?” This time, it was Dahlia’s voice, laced with charm. “Can you open your eyes?”

                Luna felt a flicker of irritation to be treated like an invalid, but she knew, deep down, that they were only doing this because they cared about her. She disliked feeling weak and unable to do things though. The Luna that they all knew would not be lying semi-conscious in a hospital bed.

                “I hear you,” she said, opening her eyes. “Please don’t charm me, Dahlia.”

                Dahlia blushed. “Sorry,” she muttered.

                Luna raised an eyebrow sceptically as she sat up. Three people were gathered around her bed: Cedric, Sapphire and Dahlia. All three of them had concerned expressions on their faces.

                Luna studied her surroundings, trying to understand where she was in the line of time. She noted that Dahlia was already out of bed, meaning that she had already woken up. And, judging from the empty beds around her, so had Raven, Tamarak, Jared and Hunter.

                “You woke me up for the strategy meeting,” Luna said matter-of-factly.

                “See, I told you she would know,” Cedric told Dahlia and Sapphire.

                Dahlia laughed, tilting her blonde head to the side. Luna felt a slight wave of jealousy at her good looks. Dahlia didn’t even have to try to look beautiful, whereas Luna would always be an outsider and accused of being an albino in the human world.

                “Everyone is already up there,” she noted.

                “Present company excluded,” Sapphire said, raising an eyebrow at Luna’s words.            

                “I would say I’m surprised that you’re not with Tamarak, but that would be a lie,” Luna remarked. “Putting your duties before your wants.”

                Sapphire sighed. “Are you done sifting through our private thoughts?” she asked.

                Luna smiled, enjoying herself a little. “And Troy-” she began, glancing at Dahlia, before cutting herself off with a sharp look from Cedric. “Uh, never mind.”