Chapter 6

Look, I am so sorry for not updating this chapter sooner. I am really buys in school. I'm so sorry! Please don't be too mad! I hope you'll like this chapter and please vote and comment! I am still dedicating chapters to my loyal readers. :) Picture on the side of Sapphire on the side. :)

Chapter 6

                Jared scowled at Tamarak. The last thing he wanted was everyone else worried about his potion. Everyone already had some reserves when it came to his elixirs and potions for fear that he might accidentally have fed them poison.

                Luna eyed him, understanding the emotions that were running through him. Unfortunately, some magicians second-guessed her powers as well. Frankly, she didn’t blame them. Although she could predict the future, no one but her knew if she was telling the truth about the future. Ironically, she knew less about her past than she did about her future.

                Hastily, she cast her mind out for something else to think about. Swiftly, she scanned the table, mentally remembering each of her friends.

                On the right side of the table were most of Luna’s friends. Cedric sat next to her. He was quite good-looking, she had to admit, with short dark hair, tanned skin and blue eyes. In that respect, his features were similar to Troy’s. But Cedric was seventeen now, and Troy was only fourteen. Both boys were well-built and muscular although Cedric was a Magician of Earth and Troy was a Magician of Fire.

                On her other side was Kayla. She was one hundred and thirty-three years old and made immortal by the Fire Immortal, Varmer. Being a Magician of Earth and a necromancer, she had been the one to bring Troy and his dead sister Helen away from the castle. Kayla had long dark hair and honey-coloured eyes. After years of training, her body was lithe and strong, like a panther.

                Besides Kayla and Cedric, there were Sapphire and Tamarak, who were dating and Magicians of Water and Air. Their extra gifts were the power of healing and invisibility.

                On the other side of Sapphire sat Romulus who was also a Magician of Air like Tamarak. He made no secret of his love for Sapphire, something that grated on Tamarak’s nerves intensely. Their similarities ended there, for Romulus could give and take away memories as well as alter them. Physically, they also looked very different from the other.

                After Romulus, sat Jared who was the potion-maker. Marina, a Magician of Water, sat next to him and Yasmine, who could multiply herself, ended the right side of the table.

                The empty place on the left side of the table was meant for Hunter, Troy and Dahlia. On one side of the empty space sat Rachel, Dahlia’s mother who was also a Magician of Water.

                Next to her sat Amos, a Magician of Water and a remover of senses; Kathryn who was a Magician of Air and could control illusions; and Mitchell who was a Magician of Earth and could enchant fabric to do his wishes. All of them were teachers for the trainees of the Elementary.

                After the teachers, came Donovan and Tristan. Donovan was a Magician of Air and could control light while Tristan was a Magician of Earth and had a more subtle crush on Dahlia. All of them were the usual people trusted to be in Arulan’s private meetings.           

                Luna’s mental musing was interrupted by Jared’s explanation. Hastily, she pulled her thoughts back into the present.

                “The portal works very quickly,” Jared said. “Within five seconds, the object is sucked towards the place where it has to go. If someone does not go along with it, it will take along everything within a hundred miles radius.”