Chapter 58

Here's the next chapter! :D Please vote and comment! :D I'm sorry for the delay in the update, but I'll try to update it as frequently as possible. :) I hope you like this chapter! :D I'm still dedicating the chapters to my loyal readers. :) Picture of Kayla on the side. :) 

Chapter 58

                Luna followed King Ganymede out of his quarters and up into an area of the mountain which she had never seen before. Even as she used her anti-gravitational powers to levitate herself, her mind was spinning with the news of the prophecy and the combinations of the two. It was distracting, but her powers had improved more than enough to multi-task.

                King Ganymede seemed to realize that she wasn’t ready to talk just yet so he remained silent for the entire trip. No one bothered them; it seemed that this was a completely private wing that would lead to another private wing.

                The journey seemed to take much shorter than Luna had hoped it would take; she needed time to think about the prophecies. All too soon, King Ganymede stopped outside a plain unmarked stone door set into the side of the mountain.

                “Listen, Luna,” the king said, pulling her out of her reverie. “Please concentrate inside. I know that I’ve given you a lot to think about, but I need you to prove to the others that even though you are young and a magician, you are still the best one to rule the Moon Children after my inevitable death. And you must make sure that they know that it’s not just because you’re a Meteorite, you are going to become Queen.”

                Luna nodded obediently. “Of course, King Ganymede,” she replied.

                “You do understand what I mean, don’t you?” he asked.

                Luna nodded once more. “Yes. I’ll do my best.”

                The king eyed for a moment and then pushed open the door. Inside, one Moon Child was shouting loudly and, as Luna watched, he banged one fist upon the table. He would have looked very handsome, if not for the angry look in his silver eyes. Like all of the other Moon Children, he had white hair and silver eyes.

                “SILENCE!” King Ganymede shouted loudly, making all the four Council members jump. “Do not fight one another.”

                “You’re a fine one to talk,” retorted the angry Moon Child who had slammed his fist on the table.

                “Selene!” King Ganymede snapped. “You forget yourself. You are talking to your king now!”

                “Right, sorry, Granddad ,” he sniped back.

                Luna winced, remembering that King Ganymede was actually Selene’s grandfather. But the king did not look the least bit affected by Selene’s rude attitude.

                “Selene,” one of the female Moon Children said, warningly.

                She was stunningly pretty, with long white hair that was held back from her face in an intricate braid wound around her head. Her silver eyes were huge and she wore a fine white dress that fell to her ankles in a smooth train.

                The female Moon Child bowed low to the king and two of the Council members, not including Selene, also stood up and bent politely at the waist.

                “Why did you bring a Star to our meeting?” the same female Moon Child asked as she sat down at the stone table once more.