Chapter 56

Here's the next chapter! :D I really hope you guys like it! :D Please vote and comment! :D Picture of Dahlia and Troy on the side. :) 

Chapter 56

                Solar, Ray and Pearl brought Luna down to the dining hall. Despite her worry that they hadn’t completely forgiven her despite their words, they seemed to completely trust her again. All around them, Comets and Asteroid teachers were talking in rather loud, protesting voices. When they saw Luna, most of them stared and starting talking more, or whispering behind their hands and shooting her suspicious glances.

                “One guess whom they’re talking about,” Luna whispered to the others.

                Ray and Solar snickered with laughter, earning more suspicious stares from the Moon Children all around them. Then they returned to their conversations with an air of dignified suspicion and superiority.

                “I wish they wouldn’t talk so much,” Luna muttered behind her own hand to the others.

                “What do you expect?” Solar said. “They don’t like magicians and you’re kind of like a walking taboo. No offence.”

                 Luna sighed. “I don’t fit anywhere. A sort of mutant Moon Child.”

                Luna rarely let self-pity overwhelm her, but now seemed like the right sort of time to allow emotions to get the better of her. Normally she never tried to think about how different she was. After all, there was nothing she could do about it.

                “Come on,” Solar said, guiding her over to the table that they had sat at during their previous meal.

                This time, the food was different, but it was definitely still a vegetarian meal. Luna glanced at the food, wondering if she would remain a vegetarian when she returned to Avalon or whether she become an omnivore again.

                Pearl shook her head firmly as she ladled some sort of soup into their bowls. The soup was silvery white and looked a little like milk. Luna doubted that it really was milk; the Moon Children probably didn’t even drink anything from animals.

                “You are special,” Pearl said. “A bridge to create a union between the Moon Children and the magicians.”

                Luna snickered. “And I thought that Troy was a bridge.”

                The others looked at Luna strangely. She reddened slightly at their curious eyes, predicting the question that was coming next. She looked down to avoid meeting their eyes.

                “Is this mysterious Troy your boyfriend?” Solar asked curiously.

                Luna raised an eyebrow sceptically. “Do you honestly think that a seven-year old girl would have a boyfriend?” she asked.

                “None of us act our age,” Ray reminded her.

                “True, but that doesn’t mean that we are ready to date anyone,” Luna countered.

                “So who is he?” Pearl asked, sipping at her soup.

                Luna debated quickly in her mind, wondering whether it would be that terrible to tell them who he was. After all, telling them about the magicians might help the Moon Children to trust them more.