Chapter 49

Hi, seeing as I'm a little bit freer at the moment, I thought that I would update the next chapter. :) Please check it out and vote and comment! :D Sorry to some of you, I can't seem to dedicate the chapters to you. I'll keep trying though. :) Please still vote and comment! :D Picture of Dahlia on the side. :) 

Chapter 49

                Dahlia groaned as she attempted to stretch. After their fiasco with her father, they had successfully managed to escape, using one of Jared’s potions. It had made wings grow out of their spines. It was totally creepy. It had taken a lot of pains and trouble for them to actually get away from Philip. Tamarak still had a very bad cut that had scrapped along his flesh and, even after a few days, refused to properly heal. Dahlia and Cedric had sewn him up as best they could before they bandaged it tightly. Even after a few days, Tamarak still bled into the bandage that they had wrapped along his torso.

                They had managed to find their way to the nearest port and stowaway there without using Tamarak’s invisibility; his injury made it hard for him to concentrate on using his powers for long amounts of time. Even now he was still sweating and panting as he struggled to breathe.

                But Dahlia had not realized that stowing away without Tamarak’s invisibility or booking tickets meant sitting in a cupboard in a laundry room.

                There was no space in the cupboard.  Tamarak had used his invisibility power to get them on aboard, but he could not use it all the time, especially since his wound didn’t seem to be healing very well. When they had recovered from their free fall, Tamarak had discovered that in his fight with Philip, all his potions had been crushed. Cedric’s collection of Jared’s potions had been left behind on the plane. Dahlia’s selection of potions was still with them, but they weren’t exactly sure which potions were which. The only one that they had been sure of was the one that had made wings grow out of their backs. Fortunately or unfortunately, the wings were now gone. As a result, Tamarak’s injury was slowly healing the way any regular human wound would.

                Dahlia shifted, groaning, unable to stretch in the cramped cupboard. Tamarak stirred slightly next to her. As he tried to stretch, he moaned in pain as the movement stretched his stitches. Pressing a hand to his stomach, he winced, the pain making him wake up. Next to him, Cedric blinked sleepily.

                “Are we there yet?” Cedric asked with fatigue evident in his voice.

                “How’s your wound, Tamarak?” Dahlia asked, worry making her more alert.

                Tamarak grimaced, feeling the cut that ran along the length of his ribs. He had been lucky; the wound was fairly shallow although it was long.

                “Better than yesterday,” he said, forcing a cheerful tone into his voice.

                “Right,” Dahlia drawled sarcastically. “Lift up your shirt. Let me at least check the wound and see whether you need a new bandage.”

                Tamarak grimaced, but as much as he pretended that he was alright, he knew that he should let her at least see the wound. Dahlia had tried to charm the wound to heal better and surprisingly, it had actually worked. A little. But at any rate, it was better than making it heal on its own. Tamarak had never had to bother much about injuries because he’d always had Sapphire to heal them for him. Now he knew just how troublesome wounds could be.

                Wincing, Tamarak stretched out his arms as best he could and pulled the shirt up, exposing his torso and the long scarf that was wrapped around him. Over the past few days, they had run out of clean white medical bandages that helped with the healing process; Mitchell had made them and they had used them all. Now he used a scarf to absorb the blood as best it could.