Chapter 20

Hi! Sorry for the delay in updating this chapter. :P But I hope you like it and I apologize for it being shorter than normal. Anyway, I hope you like it because this chapter might mean a break from all that fighting! :P No more spoilers. :P Please vote and comment because I am still dedicating the chapters to my loyal readers. :) There is a picture of Romulus on the side. :)

Chapter 20

                “You’ve got to be able to do something!” Troy shouted.

                “Calm down, Troy,” Luna said.

                “Don’t you tell me to calm down!” Troy yelled.

                “You are not the only person who cares for someone who is out there,” Kayla snapped at her half-brother. “Sapphire cares a great deal for Tamarak. And all of us like him and Hunter too. It’s not just about Dahlia, Troy. She’s not just your girlfriend!”

                Troy grimaced, pressing his lips together into a straight line. He was tempted to shout back at her, but he knew perfectly well that this wasn’t the first time that he was being told off for same reason; he knew that he was not the only person who cared for the people out there.

                “Troy, you were the person who chased Sapphire off,” Cedric said, sensibly. “So it’s your own fault if you can’t get Sapphire to wake up Jared to open the shield. But, I do wish that there was some way that we could help Dahlia and the others.”

                “You don’t care about Dahlia and the others!” Troy yelled. “You just want to be the perfect person who knows exactly what is going on and has a good reputation!”

                Cedric’s face darkened. “I care just as much as you do about Dahlia!” he shouted. “You’re just jealous that you didn’t have the nerve to approach her until now!”

                Troy went white. He lurched forward as if he was about to punch Cedric. Both boys knew perfectly well that Cedric had kissed Dahlia before. It had happened six months previously, when Cedric had been drunk. The only reason that Dahlia hadn’t gotten mad at him was because she had thought that he was so drunk that he hadn’t known what he was doing. But both Troy and Cedric knew otherwise.

                “Stop it,” Arulan began to say, as evenly as possible. “Fighting isn’t going to help get back Dahlia and the others.”

                “Mind your own business!” Troy snarled, about to spring forward.

                “Stop it!” Kayla shouted, pushing in between the two boys.

                “Get out of the way!” Cedric shouted, trying to shove Kayla aside.

                “Leave her alone!” Luna yelled, trying to work her way into the middle and push both boys away.

                Neither of the boys looked like they were going to pay Luna or Kayla any notice at all. In desperation, Luna held out her hand and concentrated. She knew that she could theoretically use her anti-gravitational powers, but now was the first time that she had a chance to do so.

                With her mind, she imagined them losing their grip on the floor and slowly rising off the ground. For a long moment, nothing happened. Then slowly, ever so slowly, Troy’s feet left the ground.

                “What’s... what’s going on?” Troy stammered as he twisted around in the air, no longer in control of where he went.