Chapter 21

Hi, I'm so sorry that I didn't update it earlier!!! I had a ton of tests and stuff, but I promise you that I will try to update it more frequently! Thanks for staying with me and for being patient. :) I hope that you like this chapter. :) Please vote and comment! Picture of Luna on the side. :)

Chapter 21

                “Sapphire?” Luna asked tentatively.

                Sapphire looked up, her blue eyes misting over with tears. Quickly, she brushed her hand over her eyes to get rid of them and to hide the guilt that was standing out on her face.  

                “You were kissing Romulus!” Troy stammered, staring in amazement at Sapphire.

                Sapphire glowered at Troy. With an impatient action, she swept her blonde bob out of her face. She looked quite worn out though, with black bags under her eyes and frown lines that were quite deep on her forehead.

                “Shut up, Troy!” Sapphire screeched. “I suppose you think that you’re right just because of our stupid argument earlier! But... I still love Tamarak-”

                Sapphire’s voice cracked. Luna hurried over to her and put an arm around her shoulders. Shooting a fierce look at Troy, she motioned for him to keep silent. Luna sat down on the library floor too although she still kept her arm around Sapphire.

                “We believe you,” Luna said soothingly as she stroked Sapphire’s hair. “Which is why you are going to wake up Jared and get him to open the shield so that Troy can save Tam. Please, Sapphire.”

                Sapphire sniffed. She swiped her hand across her face again. Luna smiled to herself; she knew exactly what Sapphire was going to say.

                “Of course,” she mumbled. “Oh, Troy, I’m sorry for yelling at you. But you made me so angry. I’ll do whatever it takes to save Tamarak, Dahlia and the others. Oh, but can you please do me a favour?”

                Luna and Troy exchanged glances. Troy chewed his bottom lip nervously. Luna looked quickly around the room. The room was thankfully empty. Luna had almost never been in the library except for several occasions when she had to take several classes in the ancient language.

                “Please don’t tell Tamarak about the kiss,” Sapphire pleaded. “I mean, I wasn’t kissing Romulus, but I don’t think that Tam will understand. Please.”

                Sapphire looked so desperate, that Luna almost laughed. Her big blue eyes were open and pleading. Breathing hard, Luna traded another look with Troy. He nodded ever so slightly; they needed Sapphire’s help, even though they knew that she would help him find Dahlia and the others even if they didn’t promise not to tell Tamarak.

                “I won’t tell him,” Troy promised.

                “Me neither,” Luna agreed. “I’m not a troublemaker, unlike Cedric.”

                Troy grinned, remembering the times that Cedric had gotten Tamarak and Romulus in trouble with Sapphire when they had been fighting.

                Sapphire breathed a sigh of relief. “Thank you both so much,” she said. “Now, you wanted me to wake up Jared in the hospital wing?”

                “Yes,” Luna said quickly. “Shall we go?”

                Troy nodded, not trusting himself to say anything else apart from his apology. Quickly, he took Sapphire’s shoulder and Luna’s hand. Both girls remained still while they waited for Troy to do his usual shadow-travelling act.