Chapter 39

Here's the next chapter! :D I hope you guys like it and I'm sorry that I'm repeating the pictures again and again, but suddenly, I can't view the pictures even though the ones that I've already linked can still be displayed... Sorry! I'll have to keep repeating the pictures until it's fixed or I've figured out what's wrong. :( Sorry! I hope you like the update! :D

Chapter 39

                “Let me guess,” Varmer said, flatly. “They escaped.”

                “I am sorry, my lord,” Ellie said. “We tried. I have no idea how they did that. The charmer, Dahlia had been electrocuted so many times that her leg was practically on fire. And the other girl, with black hair, -I don’t know her name- was unconscious. Both boys were barely holding it together, and yet, they escaped. They used a wind! A wind that carried them far away from us. I barely know any living magician who can do that, much less after turning four people invisible and creating a fog that blanketed them from sight as well!”

                Varmer lifted his head slowly to look at his wife. She was still dressed in the same clothes that she had been wearing when she and the others had gone to capture Dahlia, Tamarak, Raven and Hunter. Her hair was slightly messy because of Tamarak’s blow that had knocked her out.

                “Dahlia McLean is a Magician of Water,” Varmer mused aloud.

                “Yes, my lord,” Ellie agreed. “It is theoretically possible that she might also be a Magician of Earth, thanks to Philip, but the element of air as well...”

                “No, it is not possible that she is a Magician of Air as well,” Varmer concluded. “I spoke with Darius and he said that she isn’t one. And I reckon that Niccolo and Edith would have had tremendous fights if she was also a Magician of Air as well as a Magician of Water. It’s possible that she might even be a Magician of Earth, thanks to her father, but Rosalie would freak about that too.”

                “But how did they summon that wind?” Ellie asked.

                Varmer studied her for a minute. Ellie felt the slight pressure on her forehead as Varmer used his telepathy on her to see the images of what had happened during the fight. She was used to him doing it so it didn’t bother her the slightest.

                “The blonde girl is Dahlia,” Varmer stated. “The boys are...”

                “Tamarak, Sapphire’s boyfriend,” Ellie said. “And the other man is Hunter Range. The spy told us about them. In fact, you would be very pleased to hear that Sapphire’s facing relationship problems with him; we know that she has feelings for Romulus, that memory-controller.”

                “What about the black-haired girl?” Varmer wondered. “She appears to be quite helpless, being unconscious the entire time. But she might have caused the wind...”

                “Tamarak is the only Magician of Air who fought us at the time,” Ellie said. “And he’s also the one who turned them invisible and summoned the fog. As we both know, Dahlia is a Magician of Water and a charmer. Hunter is a Magician of Earth and a tracker. It’s literally impossible that either of them controlled that wind.”

                “Or is it...?” Varmer pondered, tapping his finger against his bottom lip.

                “What do you mean?” Ellie asked, walking slowly over to him and running her hand across his shoulders with her soft, gentle touch.