Chapter 41

Here's the next chapter! :D I hope you guys like it! :D Please vote and comment! :D I'm still dedicating the chapters to my loyal readers so please identify yourselves to me by voting and commenting. :) Picture of Kayla on the side, even though she's not in this chapter. :)

Chapter 41

                Luna’s only advantage was that she had the ability to foresee what they would do before they did it. Of course, it didn’t help that there were at least three of them and all of them were bigger and taller than she herself was. Nor did it help her that they were confiscating her weapons.

                Or maybe it did.

                Luna tried to open her mouth to shout out a warning, but there was a gag in her mouth. She struggled desperately, not wanting any of her attackers to be hurt by her bow and arrows for she knew that they couldn’t touch them. Nobody except for Magicians of Air could touch their bows and arrows; her attackers were definitely not Magicians of Air.

                They were Moon Children.

                “Don’t touch it!” she tried to shout but it came out as gibberish.

                She tried to elbow one of her assailants away as hard as she could, but instead, she felt her hands being bound tightly with some type of rope that dug into her wrists. Trying to kick him away, Luna was stunned as she felt a hand slap her cheek without enough force to daze her.

                She heard swearing as one of her attackers grabbed hold of her bow and swore when it came in contact with his hands. Luna tugged it away, refusing to let go of the weapon.

                “What did you do to me, you witch?” snarled the same man, slapping her other cheek with his uninjured hand.

                Luna was too dazed to answer or to explain. The slaps were making her head pound and unfortunately made her lose her concentration. She free-fell towards the ground, unable to stop herself from falling. Before she had made it very far, soft hands grasped her shoulders, preventing her from falling any further. Dazed, she vaguely heard angry voices.

                “Are you mad, Jupiter?” shouted another voice, this time a female’s. “We don’t capture Meteorites! We can’t harm her!”

                “Shut your mouth, Europa!” the first voice- Jupiter- snapped. “She isn’t a normal Meteorite either; she came with magicians chasing her!”

                “We haven’t had a Meteorite in decades!” Europa, the female, cried. “Don’t you dare harm her! And shut up before we get found out by humans!”

                Luna felt rough hands replacing Europa’s. Then Europa’s soft hands came in contact with her face, gently probing, through the cloth, the slap marks that Jupiter had made. Luna couldn’t help wincing, even though Europa was being very gentle. The older Moon Child felt her flinch.

                “You’ve hurt her, Jupiter,” she snapped. “If you do this again, I swear that I’ll make the Council expel you from being a Guardian.”

                “Not if I stop you from being too gentle to prisoners!” Jupiter muttered.

                “Close your eyes,” Europa said softly.

                Luna obeyed, knowing that it really was in all of their best interests if she went along with Europa’s command. She felt Europa pulling the cloth off her head and then binding a black blindfold around her eyes to prevent her from seeing anything. It was ironic; they had covered her physical eyes but they hadn’t blinded her psychic ones.