Chapter 33

I hope you guys like this chapter! :D Please vote and comment! :D I'm still dedicating the chapters to my loyal readers so please identify yourselves to me by voting and commenting. :) I hope that the long length will satisfy you guys! :P Picture of Troy, Tamarak and Sapphire on the side. :)

Chapter 33

                The others all sat at the table; Arulan sat at the head with Amos and Rachel on his right and Kathryn and Mitchell on his left. There was an empty space on Rachel’s other side; evidently meant for Dahlia. Next to her empty chair sat Troy, then Kayla and another empty seat for Sapphire. Next to that empty seat was Tamarak, followed by Hunter and Raven.

                On the other end of the table, Marina sat next to Mitchell with Jared on her other side. On Jared’s other side was Yasmine, followed by Donovan and Tristan. Romulus sat next to them with two empty seats meant for Luna and Cedric.

                “You four took your time getting up here,” Arulan commented.

                “I’m sorry, Arulan,” Luna apologized.

                She moved hastily through the door and took one of the seats that was meant for her. She glanced at Dahlia, meaning that it was her choice whether or not to dump Cedric in the fire.

                “Luna took a long time to wake,” Dahlia said, earning herself a grateful smile from Cedric and an indignant look from Luna.

                “I see,” Arulan said thoughtfully as Dahlia seated herself between Troy and Rachel.

                Sapphire and Cedric hurried into the room as well, pulling up their chairs at the long table. All nineteen people at the table turned to look at Arulan who was evidently leading the meeting.

                “I was saying that we have to recruit some more magicians to our cause,” Arulan said. “Your efforts this time were certainly successful. You’re a shape-shifter, Raven?”

                “Uh, yeah,” Raven stammered, looking stunned that he was addressing her. “I can, um, take on the form of magicians, humans and animals and I can use the powers of the magicians.”

                She glanced awkwardly at Dahlia and Troy as she said this. Both of them nodded in encouragement to let her continue talking.

                “Uh, so yeah,” she finished lamely.

                Kayla shot up in her chair. “Hang on, so you could become Dahlia if you wanted to?”

                Raven glanced at her. “Um, yeah,” she said tentatively, like she wasn’t sure if admitting that was the right thing to do or not.”

                “And you could use her powers?” Kayla pressed.

                “Um, yeah,” Raven admitted.

                At the other end of the table Luna groaned and buried her face in her hands; she knew what was going to happen next. She crossed her fingers under the table, but it was too late.

                “So Raven can go with Hunter and Troy to find other magicians,” Kayla finished triumphantly. “She’s a girl and she can assume all of their powers, not to mention change form to some other magicians and use their powers to help them! It’s a win-win situation!”

                “How is that a win-win situation?” Dahlia asked, clenching her fists under the table.

                Troy placed his hand on hers, trying to soothe her from snapping at Kayla. Dahlia jerked her hand away; she was too angry at Kayla’s orders to be happy about his touch.