Chapter 32: Each Second Counts

"Order up! Coconut cream pie! Served well done!" Kai called as he blew up yet another coconut.

We'd been doing that all morning, and since time blasts themselves don't actually do any damage, I froze my coconuts in time so Crystal could shoot arrows through them.

Cole, Kai and I decided to show off our muscles and go shirtless, while Zane and Jay were being boring and keeping their shirts on.

"It is good to have our powers back!" Zane smiled. "It's good to have weapons that can pierce heads!" Crystal laughed.

Somehow, she'd gotten an entire quiver of diamond-tipped arrows, which I'm sure are illegal. She said she knows a guy. "Just as long as I can focus hard enough, I think my Time can pierce through something."

I kept my head to my Blade, spun and flipped in the air, and shot a bolt of Time through the air, slicing through the coconut as it made contact! "Nice shot!" Cole laughed.

"And since we've all been working on our witty quips to follow everything we do, I'd say we got this Final Battle in the bag! Or should I say," Jay pulled out his blade, "I'd be shocked if we loose!" He laughed as he blew up his coconut.

We all started dying with laughter, until Sensei crashed the party.

"Enough! Are you trying to reveal our hidden location?" He pointed his staff at us.

"Sorry, Sensei. We were just practicing our cool new Elemental Blades." Kai apologized. "And our witty quips." Jay added.

"Be wary of overconfidence, Ninja. While it is true that your powers can defeat the Stone Army, only Lloyd alone has the power to defeat Garmadon. When it is all over, then we will see who laughs last." Sensei finished.

"Yes, sensei." We all chorused. "Let's head back to the Bounty so you three can put on shirts." Crystal teased gestured to Cole, Kai and me.

"Just a as soon as I do this! Eat dirt, scumbag!" Cole shot a stream of rocks at an object in the sky! "The falcon!" I shouted just as Zane shot a blast of ice to block the stones.

"That is not a coconut." Zane smiled and let the falcon perch on his arm. "Nice reflexes." Cole congratulated. "Good to have you back, old friend." Zane whispered and let the falcon fly again.

We heard people talking, so we decided to skip the whole shirt thing. "You mean Lloyd doesn't have to fight? This I gotta hear." Cole led us down the mound of dirt.

"The scrolls say that, 'When the Helmet of Darkness is bequeathed to its rightful ruler, the Celestial Clock will count down to the activation of an unspeakable weapon, The First sign that the Final Battle between good and evil has begun." Misako finished.

"Did you just say, unspeakable weapon?" Kai asked in a whisper. "I'm still stuck on what bequeathed means." Jay sighed. "Me too." Crystal said.

"Go on, Misako, don't let us interrupt you. How do we stop the Final Battle?" Cole asked.

"Thee is nothing here that explains what would happen if the Helmet of darkness is returned." Misako said slowly.

"Interesting. Remove the Helmet, the clock starts. Put it back, The clock stops." Wu analyzed. "And the Final Battle never starts!" Lloyd cheered.

"In theory." I shrugged. "Bequeathed? Anyone? Is anyone gonna help me out on that?" Jay asked.

"Uh, that sounds great and all, and I know we have our new powers, but you expect us to get past his whole army of Stone Warriors, and pluck the helmet off his head?" Kai asked.

"A little much." Crystal agreed, which is out of the ordinary. "My brother's right. They're good? But they're not that good." Nya smirked. "I'm that good." Crystal protested.