Chapter 15 Lightning

A few days later, we were in the bridge doing our lessons.

Apparently Sensei Wu wouldn't be being 'a responsible legal guardian' if he let us 'put ourselves in danger for Ninjago instead of getting an education'.

Nonsense. So we were listening to a lecture from Nya.

Well, we were supposed to be listening. It was hard to concentrate with the awesome prank we pulled on Jay.

He wanted to know how to impress Nya, and since Kai and I know she's severely allergic to perfume, we gave him some 'Men's Cologne' instead.

Anyway, while she was talking, Kai was staring into space, Cole and I were having a drawing contest, and Zane was studying the falcon. Yep, we took it home.

Then, we heard the cologne taking effect. Nya started talking slower, and her face was turning as red as Kai's ninja suit.

"I'm sorry, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume." She informed. Jay chuckled nervously.

"You told me it was men's cologne!" He said in a panicked tone. Kai shrugged. "I get them mixed up." We all laughed.

"School's out!" I hollered. "Yep. Looks like class is over. Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblades." Cole chuckled.

"Sounds like a plan." Kai agreed. "I'm in!" I added. "I'm excited to join." Zane followed us out the room.

We were talking about what new moves to use today when Jay burst into the room celebrating.

"Whoa, whoa! What's up with you, Thundercracker?" Cole asked. "I got.... Nya... I... gotta go!" He rushed into the bathroom and continued to talk to himself.

"That was weird." I said. "Tell me about it." Kai agreed. "Are we going to seize the victory or what?" Zane asked.

We all cheered and rushed out of the room. We were analyzing different locations that could be in danger when Jay walked into the room wearing a suit, jacket, and scarf.

Kai and I looked at each other, then at Jay. "Whoa, where are you going Mr. Fancy?" Cole asked as Jay walked back.

"Didn't you hear? I'm taking Nya to a nice restaurant. A really nice restaurant." Jay boasted. "So that's what you were suffocating about." I joked.

"I wasn't suffocating." He said rolling his eyes. "Sure sounded like it." I countered.

"You might want to change your plans. The Bridge just picked up evidence of serpentine activity over at Mega Monster Amusement Park." Kai told him. We all checked out the screen.  "Hey, that's Pythor!" Jay observed.

"Pythor would not be there for fun. We believe a Fangblade my be buried underneath the park." Zane looked at us from the steering wheel.

"We can't let them get it! Oh, but my date..." Jay trailed off. "Jay, if they get all four of them, Pythor can unleash the Great Devourer. Get your priorities straight, man." Kai rationalized.

"You just want him away from your sister." I accused. Jay thought for a while before running back inside.

We got back to our analysis, and got ready to fight. We used our Elemental vehicles and got to the park. We walked around, looking for the snakes.

"They've gotta be somewhere." I grunted. Then, we found ourselves outside of Ghost Train. "Where is everybody?" Kai asked.

Next thing I see, people were running and screaming, trampling each other to get out. "Wait a minute. That ride was never scary." Cole said.