Chapter 13 We Feel Defeated

A few days after the serpentine disruption, we were in the dining room talking.

"How are some stupid snakes so hard to beat?" Kai asked. "Ask the Venomari who spit on you." I smirked.

"It can't be that hard. I bet I could do it, if you'd let me outside." Lloyd muttered and folded his arms. "Oh really? What would you do?" Cole asked humoring him for a minute.

"First, I'll stomp on his tail. Then when he turns, a thunderclap to his ears! Then when he's stunned, I'll disarm him!" Lloyd said with confidence. He had clearly been think about this for a while.

"Too late! He's already hypnotized you and now under his control." Cole said. "Or he's put you in a squeeze." Zane added.

"Or swallows you, which is totally gross." I contributed. "Or spit on you with his hallucinatory venom! Trust me, bad stuff." Kai chuckled.

"Aw. Uncle, what's the best way to defeat  serpentine if you don't know what kind they are?" Lloyd asked Wu, who had walked into the room.

"Shouldn't matter, they're all stupid." I crossed my arms. "Then why can't we win?" Cole asked. "Ask the Venomari who spit in Kai's face."

Sensei ignored us and answered Lloyd's question. "Sadly, it was the sacred flute that you five so carelessly lost." He said.

"It was Zane's fault, I was stopping Kai from drowning in poison!" I countered. "And we didn't lose it. Pythor stole it." Jay sulked, as if someone stole his pudding cup at snack time.

"Whatever the case. Without it, I fear we will not be able to combat their powers. You may have stopped from uniting, but they will try again. And they will be stronger. " Wu finished.

"Don't worry Sensei, I've almost unlocked my True Potential, and when I become the Green Ninja, we're not gonna need any magic flute." Cole bragged.

"Psh. Yeah right." I shrugged. "Of course, it's me boulder brains." I scoffed. "You're gonna be the Green Ninja? Ha. Don't make me laugh." Kai said.

"I thought it was decided that I would be the Green Ninja." Zane stated. "The only thing decided about you Zane, is that you're weird." Jay laughed.

Then we all broke into an argument about what we always argue about.

"Yeah yeah yeah. What's in the box?" Lloyd asked, breaking up the argument. "Your new uniforms." Wu slid the box towards us so we could seize our new suits!

"It's got armor!" Jay exclaimed. "I love the gold highlights!" Kai celebrated. "Battle claws!" Cole cheered. "The material is very light and breathable!" Zane analyzed. "Who cares? These things are dead slurping awesome!" I yelled.

"Nothing for me?" Lloyd asked, looking almost heartbroken. "You get, the box?" Sensei handed it to Lloyd.

Then the mission alarm blared. We ran to the Bridge awaiting a status report.

"Sorry to break up the moment boys, but a few of our slithering friends are stirring up trouble at Mega Moster Amusement Park." Cole announced.

"Amusement Park? Can I go? Can I go? Please? Let me make things up. I can help!" An ecstatic Lloyd begged. "I'm sorry nephew. You will stay here, where it's safe." Sensei calmed Lloyd down.

"Aww. Ninja get all the fun." He sulked. "What do you say, guys? Time to try out the new merchandise?" Jay suggested.

We all agreed and got dressed quickly. Then we viewed the amusement park from the deck.

"Feels like this stuff will really protect us!" Cole exclaimed. "Yet provides more mobility." Zane added. "You wanna strut your stuff in a catwalk, or get down to that amusement park so we can go on some rides!" Jay shot his hands in the air.