Chapter 22 Gotta Push Our Game

A/N Hey everyone we're back with Season 2🤗 and a big shoutout to Cico20 the only person to see the pattern with the chapter names!Congratulations‼️

A few days later, we were helping to fix up the city from our path of destruction.

"Finally. All fixed up and Serpentine free." Cole smiled. "I'm just glad we dropped Lloyd off at the Arcade. I don't want to have to keep track of him all day." I said.

"He's better stay there this time." Jay said. I'm thinking about implanting a tracking device in this kid's head!

Kai tried to use his powers every single day since the Battle. To be honest, I think he's the one who's most peeved that he can't shoot his element anymore.

"This is frustrating! Our weapons are gone, most of our Elemental Powers are gone, I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu, I just feel so, I don't know, limited!" Kai grunted.

"And thanks to the Devourer, our tanks out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now that the Bounty's destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep!" He finished.

"We could live with my parents..." I trailed off. "No!" Kai, Cole and Jay shouted. "No one said being a hero was easy. While our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways." Zane said happily.

"We really should get paid." I mumbled. "And I don't feel rich." Kai tried to ignite a flame.

"I for one, enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Speaking of which, has anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help." Jay asked.

"And I have." Nya drove up in a motorcycle. "I may have found us a place to live!" She said cheerily.

"Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How's you do that?" Jay wondered.

"I know this guy who knows a girl. And she knows this girl who knows a guy. And this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent, and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift." She said quickly.

"No. I don't catch your drift. Spit that out for me in English. Slowly. With actual names. And maybe tiny, little pictures." I said still trying piece together what she said. "Not gonna happen." She shrugged.

"Where are you off to?" Jay asked. "We need to pick up supplies to fix the Ninja Tank. And the Dragon's Medicine had finally arrived. It's a days trip, but once we return, he'll be flying again. Also, I love scenic drives. Punch it, Nya!" He laughed. "Aye aye, sensei!" She said as she drove off.

"Patty Keys Real Estate Agency. This is perfect! Once we get a roof over our heads, we can start training Lloyd." Jay said as he looked over the flyer.

"Good, because if we know Lord Garmadon, he won't be taking any breaks. Don't forget, the Serpentine are still at large." Cole explained.

We called the agency, set up an appointment, picked up Lloyd, then went to the dingiest apartments any of us have ever seen.

"No wonder there was no waiting list." Kai mumbled. "Not even broke hobos would want to live here." I responded.

"This one bedroom, one half-bath is a cozy dream! Who needs extras when everything's in arms reach?" Patty said in her peppy voice. "Now wait until you see the lighting!"

She flipped the light switch, and the bulb fell out and crashed to the floor. "Who needs lights when you have this view?" She opened the blinds, only for them to fall off. This is the Bounty all over again.