Chapter 21 Time to Save This City and I'm Ready for It~Part 2

"Sensei..." Kai breathed. "No." Jay winced. "He's gone." I sighed and shed a tear of unworthiness.

The Devourer turned its gigantic, ugly head to stare us in our terrified faces.

"Maybe if we stand, perfectly still..." Jay said in a shaky voice. "RUN!!!" Kai shouted.

We ran as fast as our legs could take us to make sure the enormous, legendary snake didn't eat us for dessert! We all tumbled into the Bounty. "Where's Jay?" I shrieked before he rolled in.

"Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer than they appear!!" Jay shouted to Nya. "Working on it, blasters on full!!" She told us. We narrowly got away from the bite that was sure to engulf us.

"WOOO-HOO!! Take that, you stupid snake!" Kai whooped. The Devourer suddenly gained a burst in speed! "I think it heard you!" Jay worried.

"Nya, we've gotta go faster! It's gaining on us!" Kai ordered. "We're going as fast as we can!!" She shouted. "I'll try to make it to Scatter Canyon!"

"The probability of us making it that far is less than 8%!" Zane worried. "NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!!!" Nya shouted again. "It's coming in for another attack! Portside!" Cole warned.

The ship made a sharp turn, barely escaping the monster's jaws. "We're losing speed! We'll drop to the ground pretty soon!" Lloyd told us.

"Throw everything overboard!" Nya ordered. "WHAT!?" We shouted. "WE NEED to lose some weight!" She explained. "PORTSIDE!!!!!" Lloyd shouted, just as the Serpent crushed one of our boosters!

We immediately started throwing things off the ship, from old training gear, to video games!

"Does anyone else think the Devourer looks bigger than it did before?" Jay asked worriedly. Just then, old scales shot off the snake's body and new ones gave it an even stronger skin!

"The more it consumes, the bigger it gets! Don't throw anything else overboard!" Cole shouted.

"We made it to Scatter Canyon. Hold on!!" Nya shouted as she soared the ship around the tall rocks. "Ah! We lost him!" Cole said happily.

Just then, the Devourer whipped its gigantic, spiked tail against the ship, sending it to the ground with us in it!

"ABANDON SHIP!!!" Nya screamed. We used our vehicles to escape the wrecked ship, our home, just to see the Devourer come back for another strike.

We made it to an overhang, safe from its bite. We turned back to our destroyed home, just to see the Force of Evil lift it into the air with its mouth, and crush it to splinters!!

"NOOOO!!!" We all shouted. "It's gone." Cole said, slightly relieved. "That was too intense. All that action, makes you so thirsty." Kai said while wiping his sweat. "There is no time to rest. We need to warn people before it becomes bigger!" Zane said.

"Bigger? BIGGER? That thing in one big bite just crushed OUR ENTIRE SHIP!!!!" Jay panicked, "We need to save as many as we can, find some kind of refuge, somewhere safe to hide... OOH! The Serpentine Tombs! Yeah, they're underground, we'll be without sunlight for months, but they're perfect!" He screamed.

"And what, just give up?" Cole grunted. "You know as well as I do that we have no chance at stopping that thing!" Jay retorted.

"Stop it! Listen to yourselves! Is this what Sensei Wu would've wanted? Us fighting, running and hiding? Giving up?" Kai broke them up. "But he's not here anymore." Lloyd said sadly.

"But his teachings live on. Sensei once told me its not the size of the Ninja in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the Ninja. All this training, all these battles we've had with skeletons and the Serpentine. We've persevered through so much, we can't just give up now! A ninja never admits defeat. A ninja always picked himself up when he's down. Which is exactly what Sensei Wu would want its to do right now!" Kai said encouragingly.