Chapter 30: In Too Deep to Cash Out Now

Thanks to the Stone Army we had to set up camp on the docks just outside the city.

We were working on the Bounty but it looked like, "She's not getting airborne any time soon." Nya sighed. "Great. Just wonderful." I grunted.

"So if the Stone Army attacks again, we're sitting ducks!" Cole moaned. "Uh, ducks can fly, Cole. Weren't you listening?" Jay asked.

"We just got our tails handed to us, and we couldn't even stop one of them. I hate feeling helpless." Kai sighed. "We mustn't give up hope, Kai." Sensei Wu said as he and Zane walked towards us.

"But the Stone Army is indestructible." Lloyd chimed in. "You saw it. At best, all my powers could do was slow them down."

"Spinjitzu is the closest thing we have to our powers, and not even that worked." I added. "That's not entirely true." Misako came to us.

"There is a way to defeat them, and it is told within the scrolls." We went inside the Bounty and looked at the scroll.

"The prophecy reveals that the power to defeat the Dtone Army lies within the Green Ninja." Misako started. "I tried, I gave them everything I had." Lloyd interrupted.

"Yes, but you're stronger than you think. Look. The true power of the Green Ninja can only be unlocked when his five protectors find their own, pure Elemental Powers." She continued.

"Are we the protectors?" Cole asked. "I'm guessing..." I smiled. "Silly question, of course we are! Right?" Jay asked Misako.

"If we are the protectors, then we're doomed. Our elemental Golden Weapons no longer exist. We cannot tap into our Elemental powers without them." Zane worried.

"But the powers do exist within each of you, and there is a way to unlock your powers on your own. We must go to the Temple of Light." Misako finally finished. "Temple of Light? Where's that?" Nya asked.

"The Gold in the Golden Weapons was from the Golden Peaks, but they were forged in the Temple of Light. A powerful place I thought only existed in legend." She marveled.

"Is it on the dark island?" Wu asked. "I think our only choice is to find out." Misako answered. "So we get our powers back? Alright!" Cole jumped. "I can freeze time again!" I celebrated.

"But there's only one big problem. The Bounty can't fly!" Nya crashed the party. "It's a ship right? Can't it sail?" Misako smiled.

"Silly question, of course it can! Right?" Jay smiled nervously.

We got to packing, and late that afternoon, I was saying goodbye to my massive family.

"Are you sure you're going to be alright? If there's too much sunlight use sunscreen. You remember when you got sunburned, right?" Mom worried.

"Mom! I was eight! It was just a tan." I dismissed as Crystal came over. "And this is your friend Crystal? Oh, she's just right." Mom sighed.

"Mom!" I said through gritted teeth. "It's a pleasure to meet you. Omar's told me a lot about you." She smiled kindly.

"Well, if I never see you again, I get your stuff, right?" Bethany flashed a smile. "And I get all of your savings?" Carter said excitedly.

I know he meant well, but geez. Older siblings are a lot of work. "Omar, are you gonna be okay? I want you to stay." Mack and Jack tugged at my sleeves.

"Guys, I'll be fine, I promise. Just, make sure that Beth and Carter stay out of trouble. You are now honorary junior ninjas." I patted them on the head as they cheered and jumped around.