Chapter 8 Do Not Look the Snakes in Their Eyes

It had been months since our last encounter with Lord Garmadon.

Ninjago was at peace, but not for us. There was no war in the Monastery, just no peace and quiet.

We were all in the video game room. The guys were playing video games and making a lot of noise. I was in the corner reading the ninja handbook that Sensei gave us.

I wasn't paying attention to anything but my book until the door opened. Sensei ran past the guys, who were totally oblivious to everything around them. I chuckled as Sensei pulled the plug on their game.

"What happened?" Kai asked. "It took us three hours to get there!" Cole complained. "Why would you do that? Why?" Jay wined.

"Just because Lord Garmadon escaped through a vortex, doesn't mean he won't return one day for the golden weapons of Spinjitsu!"  Sensei shouted.

"But Sensei Wu, ever since he has gone, Ninjago has had nothing but peace!" Zane commented. "Yeah, peace is boring! There's no one to save, there's nothing to do." Jay chimed in.

"Well, you could read the Ninja Handbook if you want." I said generously. They all looked at me like I was crazy. "We can train tomorrow." Kai said while laying himself down.

"Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today." Sensei replied wisely. "Well, I was going to eat this pizza tomorrow so, if that's the case... OW!" Cole said as the pizza slice was kicked far from his reach.

"NO PIZZA FOR YOU!" Sensei yelled. "In order to reach your Full Potential you must train!" Sensei said.

I was going to go, but then Kai started to say something that I thought I wanted to hear.

"Remember when we did a little thing called the 'Tornado of Creation'? I thought that was pretty insane." Kai said. Sensei sighed.

"You five have merely scratched the surface of your full potential. There are so many secrets you have yet to unlock! You haven't even begun to tap in to the power that your golden weapons hold." He said.

Just then, I noticed a slice of pizza cooking on Kai's Fire Sword. I grabbed it and practically swallowed it whole.

"You want to talk secret powers, check this out." Cole said to Sensei. Cole grabbed his Scythe and slipped it under the unplugged chord. He pushed it into the outlet. They continued to play their video games.

"Don't worry, master." Zane said calmly. "We will be ready when Lord Garmadon returns." Just then, Nya burst through the door.

"Guys! Lord Garmadon, he's returned! He was spotted approaching Jamanakai Village!"

I was ready for that. I grabbed my Golden Glaive and rushed out the door. "Thanks Nya!" I shouted down the hall.

The guys were pretty far behind me. I was running to my dragons' keep. I opened it with the lever and flipped onto Infinity's' back.

(After we left Kai's village, we went for a ride on our dragons. We decided that our dragons needed names. Cole's dragon's name is Rocky. Kai's is Flame. Jay's is Wisp and Zane's is Shard.)

I waited for the guys. "Let's see how long this takes." I said to Infinity. About a minute later, I saw the guys charging toward us. They all mounted their dragons, all of them making some kind of mistakes.

Cole's scythe wasn't properly sheathed on his ninja suit, so it fell off when he mounted Rocky. Jay tried to jump onto his dragon's back to impress Nya.

Spoiler alert, it didn't work. Jay wasn't paying attention and he fell, flat on his face, on the ground. Sensei shook his head in disappointment.

Kai was doing pretty good. He saddled up properly and jumped on his dragon's back. He was talking to Nya about something until he remembered that he couldn't reach the reins.