Chapter 29: Not One But A Million

The next day, we were back at the dojo, training Lloyd to fight, without seeing where he's striking.

"Don't rely on your eyes, use your ears." Cole reminded before readying his the first attack. We all prepared our weapons and surrounded Lloyd.

"Uh, guys? I'm teaching a class later, so, I'd appreciate a clean dojo-" Dareth told us as he came in.

"Clean ain't gonna happen!" Crystal told him as we all struck where Lloyd used to be.

He jumped into the air, knocked one of Zane's shurikens out of his hand, kicked Crystal's bow out of reach, and grabbed Coles scythe.

He spun horizontally, kicking each of us in the face at least once. Cole tried to jump on Lloyd's back, but he moved, and Cole regained his scythe.

I threw my glaive at his head as Kai and Jay sliced at him too.

He kicked Jay backwards into the Fake Trophy stand, kicked Zane and Crystal away, swept me and Cole, (even though I flipped myself back over) and sent Jay flying out the window!

As we surrounded him again, green flames sparked up in his hands as the grand finale. "Nice job, kid!" I said, taking off Lloyd's blindfold.

"Thanks, but next time, take into account that I like my hair. You almost cut some off." Lloyd chuckled.

"Well, no one opened the window!" Jay walked in through the door. "That's a sign that we don't want you acting like a stalker. Use the door!" Kai answered.

"I have an idea for our next session." Crystal grinned dangerously. That is, until the ground shook violently!

"Lloyd, are you practicing your Elemental Quakes again?" Cole asked. "Not me, and honestly, I have no clue where it's coming from."

We walked back into the training room and magically, a tv appeared! I'm kidding. Crystal took it from Dareth's room.

There were reports about the earthquake, and how its cause is unknown.

"What do you think this could be?" Cole asked. "I wouldn't be surprised if it was Garmadon. We haven't seen him in a while." Kai grunted.

"He would never. Lloyd's father is evil, but we would never do anything to put his son in harms way." Misako told us. "Misako is right. He only tried to thwart his training. This is something else." Wu said.

"But what is it?" Jay asked. "Maybe the balance is disrupted?" I guessed. Zane whistled for his falcon, and it perched on his arm.

"My friend, be my eyes and look for danger in the streets from above." He sent it off into the blue sky.

"Omar, you may be close in your assumption of the balance being disrupted. But, the only thing to do is to wait for the falcons signal." Wu told me.

"Is it the final battle?" Cole asked. "Not yet, it is not yet time. The Overlord cannot enter this realm. That is, until the balance is uneven." Misako answered.

Then, we felt even more rumbling under our feet! "In the mean time it would be wise to protect the people!" Zane told us.

We dashed out of the dojo, and found the scene of destruction!

"Ninja to the rescue! Go!" Lloyd chanted, and we formed a long ninja chain. "A few more inches guys!" Lloyd called.

"I've gone as far as I can!" Crystal grunted. The ground shook again, and this time, sank our footing!

Cole jumped out of the way, just in time! We managed to pull the poor, traumatized woman out of the ditch!

"Oh, thank you." She sighed. "No sweat." Lloyd smiled. "Anytime." I added. "Speak for yourselves! I did all the work!" Cole grunted as the dog ran over him and into the woman's arms.