Chapter 2 Time for Training and I'm Getting Started

When I woke up, I was in someone's bed. When I sat up, I saw that old man again.

"Okay, I must be dreaming. That tree must have hit me pretty hard." I thought. "I'm going to lie back down, close my eyes, and when I wake back up, I will be asleep at my desk in school."

I woke up a few hours later just to find that the old man, still standing in the same place staring at me.

"Aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!" I screamed. I dove under the bed. I hear a voice. "Hey, Sensei, what was that?" Hmmm, the old man must be the sensei. "That was my new student."

"Oh, great, another one of Jay" another voice said. "Hey! I almost shouted. "Who says I'm anything like Jay." I turned to the first voice.

"I'm assuming that's your name, unless there are more of you." I pause to look around the room. "There aren't more of you, are there?"

"There is one more." The guy with the black hair said. "Where is he?" I said, scanning the room. "He's out in the Training Yard, Jittery." Jay said with a smirk.

"Really," I said "That's my new nickname?" "Actually," Jay said, "I didn't think of that. Welcome to the team, Jittery!"

Jay walked down the hall talking to himself about the nickname. "Huh, Jittery. Jittery, Jittery. Oh! Jittery Cricket! Hehehe!"

The black haired boy turned to me and said, "I'm Cole, Master of Earth. That was Jay. He's the Master of Lightning or as I like to call him, the Mouth of Lightning." As Cole says that, a teenager with a flat top walks up to meI hadn't heard him come in.

"Hello. My name is Zane. What is your name? "My name is Omar. I don't know if I'm a master of anything."

Later that day, Sensei Wu took me back into his room and told me that I might have 'elemental properties'. So Sensei Wu, Cole, Jay and Zane took me to the Training Arena.

"To discover your true element, I must track your performance in the Arena." Sensei Wu told me. "Okay, then," I said. "Let's do this!"

The first time, I got past the first row of rising planks, but then I got hit in the face with an axe. The worst part was it left a scar on my forehead.

Cole disabled the course and walked over to me. "You did pretty well for your first time. I only got to the first punching dummy before I got hit with a sword. It cut some of my hair of."

I laughed a bit. "Really? It was that bad?" "Yeah." Cole said. "Come on. We'll do more training tomorrow.