Chapter 27 Causing History to Unfold

This has been the craziest week of my life.

Between getting use to Lloyd being older, moving him into our room and intensive training, I've barely had time to breathe!

This is one of the times I'm so glad I'm not the Green Ninja.

It was late afternoon, and we were training below deck. Cole swung his scythe at Lloyd only for it to be kicked from his grip.

Jay slung his nunchucks but Lloyd grabbed them and threw him to the Blue Ninja to other side of the room!

Zane and Crystal shot and threw their weapons. Lloyd dodged three arrows and two shurikens, consequently lodging them into a watermelon Nya was carrying.

She growled at them, producing nervous smiles and apologetic looks from the two.

I spun my blade, threw it to distract him, and leaped into the air, only to be kicked into a wall. I was still smiling. The kid was learning fast!

Kai gave the last attack, Lloyd neutralized it with a ball of Energy, until Kai pulled back, causing Lloyd to fall to the floor.

Kai chuckled and helped him up. "You're getting pretty good, but that move you fell for was basic, 101."

"Yeah, if I focused more when I was little, I would've seen that coming." Lloyd answered.

"We cannot change the past, but we can prepare for the future. Again, and this time, don't hold back." Wu instructed.

Then, we heard the falcon screech. Saved! I don't want to get kicked into another wall. We ran to the Bridge.

"The falcon has returned with troubling news. What did you see, my mechanical feathered friend?" Zane asked as he plugged it into the screen.

"Garmadon has returned to the Serpentine home base." Kai analyzed. "Looks like they're trying to prepare for a final battle!" Cole worried.

"Nya, set the course. We'll head straight for them." Wu commanded.

We arrived just in time, jumped off the ship. We snuck around the city and watched Sensei confronted his brother. We fell into formation behind him as Lloyd initiated the attack.

Garmadon was taken aback, but he knew it was still, "Lloyd? Is that you?"

"Yeah, I've grown a little since the last time you saw me, dad." He answered through his teeth. He was ready for it, and so were we.

"Get them!" Garmadon ran and prepared, as armed and deadly Serpentine marched towards us.

Not a problem, we spinjitzued them out of our way, and ran after Garmadon. Nya kicked open the door and saw a glowing vortex!

"He used the Mega Weapon again!" Cole shouted. "Aww swell. Every time he uses that thing something really bad happens! Now what?" Jay sulked.

That's when we felt the city filling with sand! "Is the city sinking?" Jay asked. "Worse! It's returning back to the desert, as if has never been found in the first place!" Zane answered.

"What?! What dose that mean?!" Kai panicked. "What's happening?" Nya shrieked.

"Garmadon's gone back in time to make sure Lloyd never becomes the Green Ninja!" Zane told her.

I looked at Lloyd. He was fading! "I -I can't feel my hands." He said slowly.

"Does anyone else feel the room spinning?" Crystal asked. I looked at her. She was fading too!

That's when I remembered: if Lloyd never became the Green Ninja, we never met Crystal, either!

"We have to go in!" Kai deducted. "If he changes anything, he changes everything! Protect the future, Ninja!" Wu commanded as we jumped in.