Chapter 10 Something Ill is Going Down

The next morning, the first thing that greeted me wasn't the glorious sunrise, on the amazing Sea of Sand, but a series of loud BANGS. BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Sensei Wu marched into the room with a gong. "Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you! In order to reach your full potential, you must treat every day as an opportunity!" He finished of with two more BANGS.

"If I'm not evil why shouldn't I sleep." I groaned. "Alright, alright. We're up. But if we're going to unlock our Full Potential shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?" Kai asked sleepily.

He opened the blinds only for them to fall apart. "You call that rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress." Cole cracked his back.

"We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters that I guess we lost track of time. Since the serpentine burnt down the monastery I am just glad to have a roof over our heads- BLECH! BLEH!" Jay coughed as he spit out the mud from the faucet.

"I don't lose track of time. I'm the Master of Time." I reached to get my ninja suit, but the dresser fell apart.

"What will be our lesson today Sensei? Mastering the strike of the scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of- Oof!" Zane fell through a floorboard, kicking up a lot of dust and coughing because of it.

"I believe today's lesson will be chores." Sensei said. "Chores?!" We all shrieked in unison.

"Ninja fight Sensei. They do not clean." Cole winced, disgusted by the thought.

I was so tired, that I didn't hear a word of what sensei said. Something about respecting our home and making this place a ninja headquarters or something.

"I expect this place to be spotless when I return. And put your backs into it." He finished with a loud gong.

Cole helped Zane out of his mini-crater. "This place is gonna take forever to clean and fix up." Kai complained. "Unless we put more than our backs into it. Eh?" Jay smiled.

We all knew he had a plan. We used our golden weapons and Spinjitzu to clean up, and to install it plumbing, electricity, to clean, air our the sails, fix the wood, and even to get three bar wifi! Thanks Jay.

We were playing Spinjitzu Smash DX, the game I dominate in, when Sensei and Nya came home.

"Wow! This place looks amazing! You guys did all this?" Nya asked in disbelief. "Ninja don't just fight, Nya, they clean." Cole smirked. "You need to have more faith in us." I bragged.

"You have exceeded my expectations, but can you keep it up?" Sensei asked. "I can keep beating you guys for the high score!" I laughed.

Then, there was loud beeping outside. "Looks like we have visitors. And loud ones at that." Nya said.

"Aw, it's my parents." Jay sulked. "Please, if they start talking, just don't em going, 'cause they don't know when to quit! And you start talking then they start talking and before you know it half the day is gone before you know it and it's not even-" Jay was cut off, allowing him to breathe.

"We get it! They talk a lot. Cherry doesn't fall far from its blossom." Kai mumbled.

We all went outside to see a large car, and two, uh, golden agers piloting the thing. Jays mom and dad walked up to us.

"Oh, it's my baby boy! It's been so long since we heard from you." His mom squealed. "Ma! I called you two days ago." Jay tried to hide his embarrassment.

"Well, that's not soon enough son. Say, when are you coming back to the junkyard? You say you're coming and then you don't." His dad smiled.

"Do you have to talk about the junkyard around my friends?" He asked. I seriously had to try not to laugh by now, and I could see the others were straining too. Even Sensei Wu couldn't hide a smirk.