Chapter 17 Earth

We were doing some studying on the Fangblades today, and Kai seemed to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed.

He must've been mad that three of us had unlocked our Full Potentials first.

"They may have found the first two, but there's still two more and we only need one to stop Pythor. They have map, and we don't. So the question remains: how are we gonna find them first?" Nya made us think.

Jay finally broke the silence. "I still can't believe that you were the mysterious Samurai. Is anyone else blown away like I am?" "We're over that! Can we move on?" Kai snapped.

"Woo! Someone's a little hot under the collar!" Jay teased. "Yeah, man. Lighten up." I shrugged.

"It appears his impatience is because he has not found inner peace and unlocked his Full Potential like the three of us have, Jay." Zane said a bit provocatively.

"Great observation, Mr. Roboto, but Cole hasn't found it either!" He defended. "I've got it!" Cole exclaimed.

"YOU UNLOCKED IT?! UGH, WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE?!" He fumed. I had to laugh, as did Nya, Jay and Zane.

"No, I know where I recognize the Fangblade from. I have a picture of it!" Cole ran off. "Oh. Is that it? Good." Kai calmed down.

"And that's a preview of the tantrum he's gonna throw when he unlocks his dead last." I chuckled. Cole ran into the room with a picture book.

"I've got it." Cole placed a picture of a trophy on the table. We checked it out and were amazed! "That's it!" Jay exclaimed.

"Back where I grew up, there's this pretty big competition where the winner gets the Blade Cup. My dad's won it multiple times." Cole bragged.

"You never told us your father was an accomplished athlete. What sport?" Zane asked.

We all expected it to be something really awesome, like shark wrestling, or cliff diving or something. "He's a, uh... blacksmith." Cole said nervously.

"Nothing wrong with that. My father was a blacksmith, too. But I've never heard of a competition-" Kai stopped.

"That's because he's not a blacksmith blacksmith, he's a... royal blacksmith." Cole flipped to a different page in the book.

There was a middle aged, black haired man, that looked kind of like Cole. Jay struggled not to laugh. "That's your dad?" He asked. "But how did the Fangblade become a trophy?" Kai questioned.

"Well, it was supposedly made by this guy who collected priceless artifacts. His name was something like Dutch... no, Clutch! Clutch Powers. Anyway, it gets passed down to each years winner." Cole said confidently.

"Who has it now?" Zane asked. "I don't know. I haven't talked to my father in years." Cole said confessed. "Well, than we'll call him up." Kai suggested.

"You can't!" Cole exclaimed. "He thinks I'm at the Marty Oppenheimer School of Preforming Arts." He confessed.

"He wanted me to follow in his footsteps. And when I couldn't sing or dance, I ran away. When he sees I can't dance, he'll know I was lying in all the letters I sent him." Cole explained.

"He doesn't know you're a ninja?" Zane asked. "What, you gonna crack some joke that my old man wears a tutu?" Cole asked sarcastically.

"No, but if we're gonna have any chance of getting that Fangblade before they do, we're gonna have to get our own act in tune." Kai comforted. "Let's suit up!" I ordered.

We all rushed to our room and put on our armor. "Guys, let's not put on our armor. In fact, let's take off our ninja suits." Cole told us.

"Why?" Jay asked. "Because, stupid, he doesn't know Cole's a ninja!" I said. "So why can't he just be a normal person?" Jay continued.