Chapter 19 Something to Prove

We had seen a lone snake in Ninjago City and decided to gat some answers on the the last Fangblade. "Hunt him down!" Cole ordered.

We ran after the Venomari, through the alleys of the city. I positioned myself on a roof, don't ask me how I got there, and I waited for the snake to run by.

Finally, I saw a flash of green, and I leaped off the rooftop. I formed a ball of Time and spun my Glaive. The Venomari dodged the Time blast narrowly and barely escaped impalement by my Glaive.

He backed away from Kai before he could escape, and as he made a break for the alleys entrance, he ran right into Cole. "Going somewhere?" Cole asked slyly.

We surrounded him and brought our weapons over his neck. "Uh oh." He muttered. "You thought you could joyride through town and not be noticed, huh? Where's the last Fangblade?" Jay said through his teeth.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He resisted. "You know what it is, the Fourth Fangblade. When Pythor finds them all, he plans to release the Great Devourer." Kai clarified.

"Spill the beans, you bowl of venom!" I said menacingly. "Oh. That Fangblade." He chuckled. "You're too late. Pythors there now. He's probably already digging I up. If I were you, I'd start preparing for the worst, because once the Great Devourer, there will be nothing it won't consume!"

We thought for a second. "Won't that mean it'll consume you too?" Zane rationalized. Apparently he just figured out he would die.

"Ahh! Please! You have to stop him! That snake is crazy! I don't want to unleash the Great Devouere! I'm a sanke, not food!" He rambled. "I'll turn you into food." I mumbled.

"Is it really too late to stop Pythor from getting the last Fangblade?" Kai asked. "You're says begind him, there's gotta be something else you can do!" He cried.

We released the poor, traumatized snake and left to the Bounty.

We were at the Bridge discussing how we were gonna get the last Fangblade. "The Venomari's right. By the time we cast sail clear across Ninjago, Pyhtor would've already beat us to the last Fangblade." Nya observed.

"Aw come on, guys! This is the last one, we've gotta get it! We gotta think of something!" Jay told us. "I think I got something..." I said quietly. "Quiet, Omar, I'm trying to think." Cole whispered.

"Hey." Lloyd said, attracting our attention. "If all we have to do is get one Fangblade to stop him, why don't we take back the other three? Pythor wouldn't risk having them all on him, he's probably hidden them somewhere while he goes for the fourth." Lloyd figured.

"It's so simple."  Cole said in awe. "Why didn't I think of that?" Kai asked. "I did think of that!" I cried.

"Stop trying to take his moment of glory, he's only seven." Jay rejected. "And it can't be that easy!" "Easy?" Zane asked. "My algorithms suggest taking the other three would be far more dangerous! Pythor would undoubtedly have them protected by his top generals." Zane reasoned.

"Time to bust some heads!" I said triumphantly. "Finally, I don't have to hold back!" Kai celebrated. "Even if you could steal the other three, you don't even know where they are." Garmadon bummed.

"He's right." Wu added. "For the past few weeks there have been almost no serpentine sightings. How are they moving around? It's like they're ghosts."

"Or snakes!" Nya piped up. "Bridge, give me a sonar sweep of Ninjago." She ordered. The screen beeped, but no snakes appeared on our map.

"See? Nothing. It's just like Sensei said." Kai said in a depressed tone. "But what if they're not traveling above ground? They're snakes right? Snakes burrow! Bridge, now give me a sonar sweep of Ninjago, but twenty feet below surface."