Chapter 20 Time to Save this City and I'm Ready For It ~Part 1

Later that evening, as we soared towards Torchfire Mountain, Jay, Nya, Kai and I were having a casual talk. In a thunderstorm.

"Why is it that Torchfire Mountain is the only place we can destroy the Fangblades?" Nya asked. "Because the Fangblades are the original teeth of the Devourer. They're so strong they can only break down in extraordinary heat." Kai explained.

"You should just burn them right now." I suggested. "Could someone pass the salt?" Jay asked. The ship tilted and send the salt right towards Jay. "Huh. Thanks."

Then the door flew open, to reveal a green Cole. "Please, no one talk about food. How much longer till we get there?" He asked.

"Not long. Hey Cole, you're looking a little green over there. How'd you like a mucus-salt sandwich?" Jay tainted. Cole gagged and ran to the side of the ship as Jay chuckled.

"Really Jay?" Nya sighed. "We should go help him." I said. "Ewww." Kai moaned. "Speaking of green, who ever though little Lloyd Garmadon turned out to be the Green Ninja?" Jay asked.

"I know. He was such a brat at first. It's hard to believe he's gonna become the greatest ninja that ever lived." Nya said passively.

"Hear that Kai? The GREATEST NINJA WHO EVER LIVED!" I shouted in his face from across the table. He cleared his throat. "Where is the little runt?"

"It's late, we put him to bed hours ago." I said. "Even though he was protesting that the Green Ninja should not have have a bedtime." Kai chuckled.

"And his protectors shouldn't have a curfew, but yet, we don't dare stay out past 11:00." Jay laughed. "But its past 11:00 now, so we'd better go to bed." Nya said as she left the room.

We headed off to our rooms and slept for what seemed like a second, and then we awoke to the smell of heat and smoke. We got ready and walked out on deck.

"Would everyone please put their seat backs and tray tables in the full upright position. We've reached our destination, Torchfire Mountain. Give it a minute while we settle into position." Nya announced through the speaker.

"Ugh, its roasting out here!" Jay groaned. "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen." Kai smirked. "If anyone should get out of the kitchen, shouldn't it be Cole?" I chuckled.

"What's with Sensei?" Cole asked. "I do not know, he's been distant all morning." Zane pointed out. We walked up behind him, ready to melt these horrible blades.

"It is beautiful, is it not?" Sensei sighed. "Sensei, we are ready for the destruction of the Fangblades, yet, you seem disinterested." Zane said hesitantly.

"You do not need my approval to finish the task." Sensei sighed. "But Sensei-" Jay started. "Butts are for sitting. And besides, there will come a time when you will have to go on without me." He said.

"Sensei," Kai chuckled, "you're talking crazy. You've been alive for like, forever!" Cole nudged him. "What he is trying to say is, you are like the sunrise. We cannot begin a day without you." Zane explained.

"Ah, but even the sun must go down, so a new day begins." Sensei responded. "But the sun mustn't go down on us, because you are the sun, and you would never leave us... right?" I added.

"I don't like metaphors." Cole said, frustratedly. "What are you trying to say? Are you leaving us again?" Cole wondered out loud. "In meditation, my smoke visions have come to an end, and tomorrow I cannot see. This worries me." Sensei sighed.

"But it could be a good omen, we destroy the Fangblades, then everything's gravy." Jay shrugged. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. "Let's just get rid of them for good." Sensei finished.