Chapter 6 On a Path to Bring Them All to Light

After the Scythe of Quakes incident, all of us set off to the next weapon: The Shurikens of Ice.

It was freezing. We were sailing past small ice islands to get to the Fortress of Ice, the heart of the Frozen Wastelands.

It was actually quiet for a change, until Jay had to break the silence with his impromptu game of I Spy.

"I spy something... white." Jay said. "Can you be quiet for once? This ain't easy" Cole complained as he steered the ship.

Suddenly, I heard a loud smash; the boat rocked a bit, threatening to capsize. "Ugh! I spy something broken" Jay said. "Other than your off-switch?" I said, sarcastically.

"If Sensei knows the way to the next Golden Weapon, why isn't he steering the ship? We've been drifting aimlessly for miles!" Kai complained.

"Sensei's wisdom is beyond my own." Zane said calmly. Almost immediately, Sensei turned around.

"The most powerful move in Spinjitsu can only be accomplished when all five elements are combined. Sensei spun around at blinding speed while saying the five elements.

"Earth! Ice! Time! Fire! Lightning!" "What happens when they're all combined?" Jay asked. "The Tornado of Creation." Sensei replied.

"The power to create something;" Sensei paused to create a teacup "out of nothing." He finished. Kai then tried to do the special moves that Sensei was doing.

"No, Kai!" Sensei warned. "If done incorrectly, it could lead to disastrous consequences."

"Disastrous consequences, right." Kai mocked while trying to imitate Sensei. Right then, the boat rocked and crashed on the icy shore of the gateway to the Fortress of Ice.

The whole ship was covered in frost almost instantly. "What was that?" I moaned. "It wasn't me." Cole said quickly "Did I do that?" Kai asked. "No. We are here." Sensei announced.

We traveled through all of the gateways until we reached the Fortress. We entered slowly and cautiously. "Whoa." Cole whispered. "Looks like someone's already been here."

"And it looks like the got their bony butts frozen." I added. We then walked into a giant room sculpted purely out of ice. In the middle of the Ice Room was a pillar.

Directly above the pillar were two Golden Shurikens, hovering in midair. "The Shurikens!" Zane said happily.

We walked over to the pillar and got on each other's shoulders. Zane reached out and grabbed the Shurikens. But when he did, he instantly got frozen in a block of solid ice.

"The irony." I moaned. Just then, an Ice Dragon shattered through the roof of the Ice Cave!

We ran for our lives as the dragon chased us through the Icy hall! (Oh, don't worry, we didn't forget about Zane. We we're carrying him most of the time.)

We finally found the exit for the Fortress of Ice, but the dragon was still charging at full speed!

"It's hot on our tails!!" Kai yelled "Isn't it cold on our tails?" Jay joked. "Not the time, Jay. NOT THE TIME!!!!!" I yelled back.

We finally jumped out of the Fortress and used Zane as an ice-sled. We slid through all of the gateways before crashing our sled on a cliff of solid ice.

The ice finally lost its grip on Zane and we all fell on the freezing ground. "Well, that was exhilarating." I said, still hyperventilating from our life-or-death situation."

"And terrifying, don't forget that." Jay added. "We now go to the Nunchucks of Lightning. Sensei said.

I grabbed the map, looking for the Nunchucks. Jay pointed out the location of the Nunchucks of Lightning. We were going to Sky City.